Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luckyspridetwo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 12:10 AM
    Horse business grants
    I am looking for grants to start a horse riding/boarding/rescue for abused and starved horses it will be a new business that is really needed can anyone help me find the right grant to start this business it will be in Alaska thank you Robin
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2012, 02:27 AM
    You will have to check with various animal rights groups, Normally grants and their may be one on this one, will only cover part. So what type of business plan do you have written.
    Have you formed a corporation, got tax exempt status ? Have you approached any business about helping to fund? Have you got estimated first and second year costs ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 1, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Are you planning to be a for profit and a not for profit? That isn't a bad idea but takes a lot of knowledge. Your best bet is to start a not for profit 501 c 3 with the IRS, easy enough to do, find the forms and instructions on IRS.gov. Once you have it, go around to stables in your area and ask for a contribution of room and board for starving horses, and you will have official ability to give them a tax deduction. Then you can start fundraising for your own facility. A few dollars here and there to advertise at first.
    You are dreaming if you think you will get a grant based on your goodwill. You need a lot of business background first.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 1, 2012, 05:57 AM
    One group to contact by mail, phone, or email is a horse rescue near me called Hooved Animal Rescue & Protection Society. I get their newsletter/magazine -- they are terrific! "The Hooved Animal Rescue & Protection Society, (HARPS) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that was founded in 2001 by Donna Ewing, one of the nation's best-known and respected rescuers of abused and neglected horses and other hooved animals."

HARPS has also been involved with Equine Education including this --

"A very exciting aspect of our educational focus is the involvement of at-risk children in the hooved animal protection effort. The rehabilitation success we have experienced with animals in near death condition, brought back to vibrant health with proper care, is an inspirational experience for children during their own rehabilitation. Visits to our facility can offer real hope and a powerful visual representation that loving care and understanding, diligent work, and the unselfish help of others can bring about remarkable change."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for horse riding centers [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for grants or other funding for a horse riding center. We will also be adopting abused horses. Does anyone know of any funding soures for this?

View more questions Search