Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fababba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
    How should I start the conversation on Facebook?
    I sit behind a guy in class and I'm interested in getting to know him. We talk occasionally but usually about class or the clubs we are in on campus. I added him on Facebook so I have two questions:
    1. Should I start a conversation or is it against the unwritten rules of Facebook that the friend invite sender also initiate? I don't want to come off as desperate, just show a hint of interest.
    2. If I start the conversation, is it weird to just send a message "hey :), what's up?" out of the blue?
    I really want to become closer before winter break (in 2 weeks) so that when our class ends we still have a reason to talk.
    xIrishGirlx Posts: 62, Reputation: -1

Nov 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Just go for it. He'll show the signs if he's interested or not, in this day and age it's perfectly normal for women to be the initiator. :)
    Alexis Dubree Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Its not weird at all I think you should go for it.
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Dec 2, 2012, 08:09 PM
    Just do it. Don't be shy.
    emersonkelly Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2012, 11:50 PM
    Nothing is there to worry. Just do what your heart says!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a conversation with someone you don't know that well and keep it going [ 7 Answers ]

All threads merged I don't have trouble starting a conversation, but when I talked to this person I kind of panicked and couldn't think of anything els to say after "how was your christmas break? oh it was boring." I see his person once a week, but I find it hard to keep a conversation going and...

How to start a conversation with a guy I like [ 3 Answers ]

HEY! Ok, I like this guy I known over a year. But I never talked to him because I get to shy to say HI. If he say hi back what else should I say if I know his name?

My wife has a friend on Facebook and the conversation went WAYYY beyond flirting. T [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has a “friend” on Facebook and the conversation went WAYYY beyond flirting. They talk about cheating and sex and he even gave her his address and phone number. He said "call me when you get here". I know that he has her cell phone number. I asked her if something was going on and she lied....

Can't seem to start a conversation [ 4 Answers ]

There's this really cute seniour guy that I kind of am liking (I'm a soph) but nobody really knows him when I ask what people think of him. He's kind of goth and I'm totally OK with that but it doesn't seem like he has a ton of friends because our school is so preppy so I don't really have friends...

View more questions Search