Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Does Absence Really Make the Heart Grow Fonder??
    I am really writing this post for me which is kind of a stupid statement since all of us ask questions for ourselves. But it is kind of a self therapy session I guess. When I looked up that quote on the internet I actually found "Does absence make the heart grow fonder or wonder" and this is not what this is about.

You see the guy I am dating/seeing/exclusive with (yes I am gay) goes on a two week surfing trip to Costa Rica following Thanksgiving every year. He left a week ago today and doesn't get back until a week from tomorrow. I honestly hate him being gone. Last year when he went we were not even this close and it was okay. About 6 weeks ago our work took him to Hawaii which was fine because I had others I was seeing that could make up for him being gone. And now that we are exclusive it is just much more difficult because I actually care about one person and only one person.

I know he misses me too. Last night he offered to fly home early and I care enough to know this trip is very important to him so I would never make him fly home early. I am actually going next year. I just hate him being gone. I am not dependent on him for my happiness because I am happy - just missing the person I love. Relationships are so weird.
    loveangel170591 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 09:26 AM
    I think yes it does make the heart grow fonder.. . In someways it helps to miss again.
    Sometimes the daily grime can result in two people just used to each other. I have Mazda friends who partners work offshore two weeks home two weeks away. They love it. The fall in love again every two weeks. Because.. . The time apart helps them to miss each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make us one heart make us one mind make us one let your will be done [ 3 Answers ]

Where to find the vido, song or the music score For this song : make us one heart,make us one mind,let your will be done. Make us one flame, to proclaim your name, make us one, make us one

Absence makes the heart grow fonder or not? [ 4 Answers ]

They say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'. Should I let him miss me sometimes and if so for how long? :rolleyes: What do you think?

I Really Love My Ex! Does Absence Really Make The Heart Grow Fonder? [ 9 Answers ]

A little back ground may help. so you have been dating her for a little over a year and a half. Everything is perfect both happy both this then its just like she never seems to have time, she says she never has time anymore, to call, anything, she only calls at night, because she things I...

Absence make the heart grow fonder [ 32 Answers ]

Here's a good question, Absence makes the heart grow fonder for the dumpee. I know this because I loved my ex but then she dumped me 2 months ago. My love for her was definitely evident in the relationship, but now it is over the feelings of love are magnified ten fold. Question is, can that...

View more questions Search