kristo Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Trigonometry, simplifying
    How do I simplify this?

free cookies for anyone who helps!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 10:27 AM
    You should have double angle trigonometric identities, which should state that:

does that help?
    kristo Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Thanks for your help, here's some cookies ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with simplifying, factoring, and verifying in Trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

have a take home quiz that I need to do well on. Having trouble with these: Simplify. + Factor and then simplify. (sec^2x-1)/(1+secx) Factor then simplify. Cos^4x-2cos^2+1 Verify. (cotx tanx)/sinx=cscx

Simplifying algebra [ 2 Answers ]

how would you "simplify" (2x =5)(3x-3), I don't know where to start?

Trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

All right this seems to be an easy trigonometry question but for some strange reason I am having the most difficult with it. A tower standing on top of a hill is inclined at an angle of 18 degrees, it casts a shadow of 40 meters long down the side of the hill. The angle of elevation of the sun...

Trigonometry [ 13 Answers ]

I have to write a two page paper and a 10 min presentation on trigonometry and radios and I can't find anything! I know it has something to do with sin and cos but I can find nothing to elaborate on. I don't really know anything about sin and cos! Can anyone help me? Basically I need to know what...

Simplifying algerbraic fractions and using logs [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm having some problems with this A2 level maths quesition. How do you simplify the following algerbraic fration?: (x^2 + 4x + 3)/(x^2 + x) I have used the notation x^2 as 'the square of x' Also, how do you find the value of x when log2(x^2 + 4x + 3)-log2(x^2 + x) My notation for...

View more questions Search