Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Nov 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
    Why is she being distant?
    So I've been dating a my lady for 2 months and things were going good and we've had some small issues but we overcame those and moved forward...

Last week I was sick and she would check up on me and leave me lunch at work since we are coworkers... now I'm one of the first guys she has had a serious relationship with in a long time... and in the first month in a half everything was smooth and the attention was always being brought by both of us via text calls and hanging out in consecutive weekends...

But starting this past weekend she wouldn't respond to my texts but she did invite me over for lunch and we spent time before she went to work on her paper for the night, she would small talk with me at work instead... This week has been somewhat stressful on her because of college finals and final term papers...

So I would cut down my text messages to just 'have a great day' and no response but still small talk at work just to see how things are with her... so today I finally asked if she was doing OK... she says yeah expect she is having multiple personalities... which she was joking... then I told her how she's been different... she says she's mad at a lot of things... but she doesn't want to discuss it at work, so I tell her to tell me when she is ready... then I ask if she's mad at me and she says no... then later I tell her she's being distant... but she says I'm always like that... I tell her I'm not complaining and she says well you shouldn't be... she was excited to hang out with her girlfriends this Friday, I tell her that's good so she can relax a bit

So I asked if she wanted to hang out this Sunday, since she works sat nights and she said she didn't know because she may have to meet up with her tutor either sat night after work or Sunday to finish the paper that's due on Monday... but that it was pending on the tutor because the tutor has a girlfriend who wanted to make plans for the weekend...

So am I overreacting and overanalyzing? Or is this a legit reason to wonder and worry why she's acting this way all of a sudden? It seems a lot of things may be annoying her including me but she hasn't said anything in that regard...
    jaffeyjoeblaze Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

Nov 30, 2012, 04:05 AM
    LOL... Yeah I just reassure her she will pass and do well on her finals... and I highly like the 'Act Adult'
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffeyjoeblaze
    So am I overreacting and overanalyzing?
    You're not. Your gut is telling you that something is wrong. If she is truly interested, then she will make time for you.

My advice: mirror her moves. When she is distant, you be distant. When she isn't texting, you don't text. If several days pass without contact, then you can be certain she is not interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distant [ 0 Answers ]

So here is my question. Me and my partner have been together for 2 and a half years its been really wonderful and we have had a time where he stuffed up and I took him back. We have a wonderful baby girl. But recently he has been very distant towards me won't touch me its been nearly 3 weeks since...

Distant love [ 1 Answers ]

There's this r&b song that goes like this "my distant loverrr, why you so farrr awayyy " a guy sings it. It's a old song like about 3 or 4 years old . Anyone please help

Girlfriend has been distant. [ 13 Answers ]

Here's the story: My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months. We are both in college, and have been friends for over a year and a half. When we started dating things were perfect, real love at its finest. When we got back to school in the fall, we began fighting a little more. In the...

Why is he being so distant? [ 4 Answers ]

I am so confused.. I have been with my boyfriend for over two years and I love him very very much, he has always been very romantic and affectionate until recently. I struggle to even get a kiss or hug out of him and its really really bothering me. He hasn't been completely ignoring me we see each...

Distant ex-boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I spent time together in New York last week. He was very defensive towards me when we last spoke. I told him not to contact me anymore because I don’t need that type of negativity in my life. Does anyone foresee him changing for the better? Is he going to be negative like this...

View more questions Search