Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amrit8301 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Am I being overpossessive about my girlfriend?
    I have been in a relationship with this girl for two months now, and I am having problems with her having a lot of guy friends. As she is a very good-looking person, a lot of guys seek her number... and lately there has been a guy who is constantly texting her 24/7. and she replies to those also. I never question the content of those texts. She spends her entire time at her school with this guy. I am in graduation course. She keeps telling me how she fought with him like kids in a funny manner. Her school friends keep on passing comments about them being together and she seems to enjoy those. I have objected to this and all she said was I need to be less possessive about her... allow her to live freely. Though she texts me sometimes with love and affection and assures me that he is just a friend, but I feel very bad about this sometimes. Should I allow her freedom?
    xIrishGirlx Posts: 62, Reputation: -1

Nov 29, 2012, 10:39 PM
    I do believe she is being faithful. She wouldn't be so open and carefree about her communication with him if her intentions were tainted or she was hiding something. I do, however, believe you should remind him of his boundaries and that she's is your girlfriend. Otherwise, don't be paranoid or jealous. It tends to cause a lot of unnecessary problems. Trust and communication are everything in a relationship.
    Amrit8301 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 01:27 AM
    The problem is not with her being unfaithful or something. I am just very bothered from the fact that this guy always behaves like her boyfriend, flirts with her and she seem to enjoy his company as long as she is in her school. What should I do?
    xIrishGirlx Posts: 62, Reputation: -1

Nov 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit8301 View Post
    the problem is not with her being unfaithful or something. I am just very bothered from the fact that this guy always behaves like her boyfriend, flirts with her and she seem to enjoy his company as long as she is in her school. what should i do?
    As I said, remind him of his boundaries, if she can't do it herself.
    Bentley2012 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 10:09 AM
    How about this... Tell her how you feel.. and see how she reacts if you tell her you would like her to remind him of her boundaries. If she refuses, one of two things is going on... she likes the attention, or she puts his feelings before yours... BE CAREFUL how you do it.. so you don't scare her!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit8301
    i have objected to this and all she said was i need to be less possessive about her
    You already expressed your discontent and she still continues to talk to this guy, which means, you're going to continue to worry so long as you're dating her.

It sounds like you want a serious relationship and she just wants to have fun. Both of you are not on the same page.

Break up with her and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my relationship status?ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend? [ 6 Answers ]

Okayy, the problem is... I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

View more questions Search