Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jens05sporty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Can an employees discretionary bonus be garnished
    I will be receiving a discretionary profit sharing bonus can a creditor that is garnishing my wages garnish my discretionary profit sharing bonus
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 05:39 AM
    If it goes in your bank account, yes, it can be garnished.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2012, 05:50 AM
    It depends on how its paid out. It is certainly possible that your payroll department will include it under the garnishment. Ask them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to change full-time employees into part-time employees? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how legal could be changing emplyees' schedulles without notice them before. I was working 40 hours each week since I started in my present job. They have been decreasing the number of hours for some employees. At this moment I'm working 32 hours each week, with 3 days off....

Employees ganging up on other employees [ 1 Answers ]

I am an owner of a small hotel, I have been informed today that the housekeeping staff are planning to 'make' the new front of house person leave because they don't like her pointing out things that they are not doing, which they are supposed to be doing. How do I deal with it? If this does...

Discretionary 401K Plan- Irregularities? [ 2 Answers ]

My employer has agreed with our union to open a guaranteed 401K plan. When I checked the plan description it clearly states this is a discretionary plan. In addition, my biweekly contributions have not been deposited in a timely manner. Since the beginning of January I have contributed $150 (...

Sign on Bonus Taxrepay & deducting yearly bonus from my sign on [ 1 Answers ]

I got a $5,000 sign on bonus & left the company under 1 year. They held back my $3,033 yearly bonus to deduct it from what I owed them in sign on. BUT they took taxes out of the $3033 bonus before deducting it from what I need to pay back. So they are subtracting $1817 from $5,000, saying I...

Federal Govt. Discretionary outlays ($billions) [ 1 Answers ]

Defense: 270.2 (1998) 454.1(2004) Non-Defense : 281.9 (1998) 441.4(2004) Composite outlay deflator(2000=1.00) Defense: .9499(1998) 1.1264(2004) Nondefense: ...

View more questions Search