Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeythunder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Am I eligible for a Portugeuse Passport?
    My both my maternal grandparents and my mother were born in the Cape Verde Islands (when they were still a territory of Portugal). I'm looking to relocate to the UK and a friend told me that I should be able to get a Portuguese passport; without forfeiting my US citizenship. I was born in the US (prior to Cape Verde's independence - if that matters).

Thanks for your help!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 10:08 AM
    I don't think you have any special privilege in getting a passport because your grandparents were born in another country, but I could be wrong. Call the local consulate for Portugal and ask them. But how will this help move to the UK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Passport [ 2 Answers ]

Please Help! :confused: My father is Portuguese and my mother is Canadian. My parents are divorced and I live in Canada with my mother and my step dad. My father still lives in Portugal and I visit him about every 2 or 3 years. What I am wondering is if I can get my portuguse passport, from...

Is an OPT student eligible for a tax treaty? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a graduate student between 99-05 (Dec) and used an OPT after graduation full last year (Jan 2006 - Dec 2006). Before my OPT started, actually I returned to my country for a vacation and applied for a new F-1 visa on Jan 2006 for an entry to US. So far I filed only 1040-NR using a...

Is a Corporation Eligible for a 1099MISC [ 1 Answers ]

When a contractor or construction company is listed as a corporation on their w-9, does this eliminated them from being eligible for a 1099misc?

Do I need a passport? [ 5 Answers ]

We are planning a trip to Memphis, from Canada. Is there a law yet, to have to have a passport. We are going in March. Do I need to do this?

View more questions Search