Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PieterM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Volume of atmospheric air needed to displace 5160 cubic cm of water?
    There is a wreck of a sunken submarine lying 9.2m below the surface of a freshwater lake.You need to displace 5160 cubic centimeters of water out of the balast tank in order to render the sub weightless. On the day of salvage the air temperature is 22 degrees Celsius and the water 5 degrees less. This is fresh water so consider density to be 1000. Atmospheric pressure is 101.3kPa.
    I need to calculate the volume of atmospheric air that will have to be pumped into the balast tank (air in tank will be at water temperature) to displace an amount of water so as to make the submarine weightless in the water. The volume of the tube is negligible. Answer in cubic cm

Gas laws were never my favourite

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate the volume of 2.5 mol dm-3 HNO3 needed to neautralise 2.68a of CaCO3 [ 0 Answers ]

Calcium and its compounds, have properties typical of Group 2 in the Periodic Table. Calcium carbonate, CaCO3, reacts with acids such as nitric acid. A student neutralised 2.68 g of CaCO3 with 2.50 mol dm–3 nitric acid, HNO3. The equation for this reaction is shown below. CaCO3(s) + 2HNO3(aq) →...

What volume of 0.170{\rm M} {\rm NaOH} is needed to neutralize 6.00{\rm g} of benzoic [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find the volume needed to neutralize 6.00 g of Benzoic acid with .170 M of NaOH. I figured that 122.12g = 1 M of Benzoic acid, therefore 6g/122.12= .04913 M of Benzoic acid, but I'm not sure how to figure that out compared to the volume of NaOH

A cubic yard of concrete is to contain 6 bags of cement and 39 gallon of water. [ 3 Answers ]

A cubic yard of concrete is to contain 6 bags of cement and 39 gallon of water. The absolute or solid volumes of the fine and coarse aggregates required are 2.65 for the fine aggregate and 2.68 for the coarse aggregate. Determine the required weights of the cement,water,fine aggregate, and coarse...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.