Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2012, 06:30 AM
    Malware infection won't go!
    Hello, I was informed that my laptop had a trojan. I was using AVG free version. I downloaded Malwarebytes which found some virals and dumped them. I ran the disk cleaner then reset the laptop. Ive been getting messages that malware blocked access to a potentially malicious website. I repeated the above process then downloaded and ran free Sophos, everything says my laptops clean. I also turn off all browsers in case it was a site I was on to no avail.
    Please, can anybody help? (sadface!)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Run scans in Safe Mode.
    aerotampa Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2012, 11:46 AM
    Update malwarebytes and run full scan in safe mode... you need a little more make a rescue boot disc from kaspersky https://support.kaspersky.com/4162 and boot PC into this and run a scan.
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aerotampa View Post
    Update malwarebytes and run full scan in safe mode....you need a little more make a rescue boot disc from kaspersky https://support.kaspersky.com/4162 and boot PC into this and run a scan.
    Ok, Kaspersky looks interesting, the only thing is on the link it says it should be used when one can't boot the operating system and I can, can I ignore this? Does it have instructions as I go or should this be studied more, the reviews said better knowledge with it gets
    aerotampa Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2012, 06:53 PM
    No it's OK you can run any rescue disk even if you can boot up, its just a way to run a scan without accessing your regular Windows... it can help IF you can't boot up BUT it also runs just fine boot or not, it loads itself directly into memory and runs as a virtual machine of sorts... youtube it you'll see :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So, I have this malware. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello fellows! I have a piece of malware on my PC! This doesn't make me happy! I need your help in getting rid of it! What it's doing is hijacking my Google results and taking me to some ad page so they can make money. It doesn't seem to be doing anything more malicious than that, but I want...

Malware Found [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started using Comodo antivirus software and it has detected TrojWare.BAT,DelTree@12190. Just want to know if it is a bad one. What is the risk level and what does it do. I don't know how long it has been in my computer. My Norton, Windows Defender and Spybot have not picked it up.

I have malware? A trojan? Something [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my computer has gone berserk since last weekend. Popups keep coming out in IE (recently in Mozilla too, which is the browser I always use). At times a window saying that the page I'm offline and I can't access IE (I'm not trying to do so, I don't use IE), then if I click keep...

PC spyware, malware. [ 5 Answers ]

One of my PCs picked up a virus/malware/spyware (the computer is a Dell GX50 all generic parts in it) My mom unkowenly dowloaded some stuff on that PC and now it's all messed up (or FUBAR). There is 3 icons (black monitor icons) one with a sword in the screen of the icon called "Protect your...

View more questions Search