Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
    Still single: what am I doing wrong?
    I am in my early 20s and am a senior in college. I've only dated once in my life and that was in high school. As the first born and growing up in a family with no greater education than 2 years in college (because my mom gave birth to me), I am dedicated to my studies. I developed a strong personality over the years of my life because of events that happened.

My friends and people around it describe it as a strong admirable sense of character. I'm more outspoken when I see something wrong happening, I do not let people easily walk over me, and I somehow became an expert in love to my girlfriends and warned them when I could tell the guy they were dating wanted more than what they truly said they did.

But, I am known for my smile. People say I have a wonderful personality to go with my smile. So I figured I am a decent person. I say to myself that I need to focus on studies and that dating is out of the question. However, if a decent guy were to approach me, I would not reject him without reason. I am open-minded. The only guys that have ever approached me in my entire adult life up till now was late 20-30year olds or married men who wanted to just "hang". Of course I say no to these men. I have NEVER been asked out by a guy around my age who seemed to truly know me first without thinking other things in mind.

I do not go partying a lot and so my friend tells me that I do not let single decent guys know I'm single. Others say that when I'm by myself in class, I can be intimidating. Am I suppose to smile the entire class period?

I'm not used to dating or know what to do on a date. I'm not begging for a relationship now, I am just afraid that whatever I am doing now will continue in the future and when I am older and in grad school or after I finish my degree... will anyone approach me at all. My friends meet guys through parties or class. I have friends in class, but mostly girls.

What am I doing wrong or should I wait for the right guy to come? I really need advice.

Thank You
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 AM
    Why are you waiting for guys to approach you? If you see a worthy, unattached guy hanging about, ask him out for coffee and pie or lunch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a single pole switch to a single grounded receptacle? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 15amp single pole light switches that have just 2 brass screws and a green grounding screw on them and I have 4 15amp 125v grounded single receptacles that I want to wire up for my light switches to operate 4 sets of fluorescent lamps which already have plugs on them and one that has a...

HELP single mom lost job and need to convert a duplex to a single family home. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a little boro in pa own a duplex home have been renting upstairs for 5yrs when tenant moved out boro came in like storm troopers and gave me a dead sea scroll of impossible,ex.painting all decks and wood work out side in the winter.when tenants don't have use of yard.any way I had already...

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

Single Member LLC filed wrong form? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm helping my husband do his taxes this year. He has a new business formed as a single member LLC in 2005. His tax preparer filed form 1065 for 2005. I understand that this should be file on Schedule C. Is that correct? If they did in fact file the wrong form for 2005, what do we have to do...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search