Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:04 AM
    What is an Indigo Child?
    What is an Indigo Child?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Indigo children is a term used within the New Age movement to refer to children who are alleged to possess paranormal attributes such as the ability to read minds.

The Indigo child concept was first publicized in 1999 by the book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by the husband-and-wife team of Lee Carroll and Jan Tober.[1] Carroll insists that the concept was obtained via conversations with a spiritual entity known as Kryon.

The reason for the use of the adjective "indigo" is not universally agreed upon: some sources link it with an early researcher into the phenomenon, who was synesthetic. It has also been claimed that these children appear with an indigo-hued aura.

Try this site for more info Metagifted Education Resource Organization: Indigo Children
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I'm in shock and want your help. Especially from those of you who have become familiar with my posts and my views on life, the Universe, and the Law Of Attraction.

I will continue to post here because I don't know where else to post this.
    If a moderator wants to move it, fine.

While participating on another forum a young woman emailed me and asked me if I was an 'Indigo Child'. I had never heard of this before and told her I didn't understand what she meant. She said she thought I sounded like an 'Indigo Child' and gave me a brief description of... psychic, and the power within each individual, and the bit that really freaked me out.. 'Collective Thinking!

Some of this was familiar to me and it wouldn't be the first time someone asked or even joked about me being psychic.

I myself don't like the label - Psychic. Never have. I don't care too much for 'Indigo Child' either. But after what I have just read from the link ballengerb1 was kind enough to post above…….

Like I said, I don't care for this 'Indigo Child' theory. But I would appreciate your views on this if you have heard of it before and know anything about it. Is it some kind of cult?

From the site I just checked -

Indigo Adult Characteristics

. Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
    . Are very creative and enjoy making things.
    . Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
    . Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
    . Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
    . May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
    . Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
    . Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
    . Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
    . May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
    . May have trouble with RAGE.
    . Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, i.e.. Political, educational, medical, and legal.
    . Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.
    . Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
    . Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."
    . Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
    . Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.
    . Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.
    . Have strong intuition.
    . Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit . Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
    . Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
    . May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
    . May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
    . Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
    . Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
    . When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. This really freaked me out. Can someone explain what is going on here, and help me put it into some perspective?
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I'm in shock and want your help. Especially from those of you who have become familiar with my posts and my views on life, the Universe, and the Law Of Attraction.

Thanks for taking the time to read it. This really freaked me out. Can someone explain what is going on here, and help me put it into some perspective?
    I guess I don't understand why it freaks you out so. It sounds to me like yet another way to divide the world into two (or more) kinds of people. I'm generally skeptical of all such attempts, believing as I do that there is only one kind of people, and that like it or not, we're all in this together. This is not to say that we don't have differing gifts, interests and sensitivities, it's just that trying to precisely catalogue, name and rank these differences too easily devolves into deciding who's MORE gifted, enlightened, important, influential, worthy, etc. etc.

What difference would it make, really, if you or anybody else could be definitively classified as "indigo" or any other color?
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I think I freaked myself out. I have always avoided labels. And seem to manage quite well without them - apart from my name 'Rose' - I don't want or need them.

I think, for a moment, I thought that perhaps I had been missing something. And that maybe I hadn't done as good a job on myself as I thought.

Do you ever feel like that?

That perhaps you are in a rut, even a nice rut, and don't realise it. Then suddenly someone comes along with something like this and shakes you to your boots. Leaving you feeling as if you were not okay after all?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I think I freaked myself out. I have always avoided labels. And seem to manage quite well without them - apart from my name 'Rose' - I don't want or need them.

I think, for a moment, I thought that perhaps I had been missing something. And that maybe I hadn't done as good a job on myself as I thought.

Do you ever feel like that?

That perhaps you are in a rut, even a nice rut, and don't realise it. Then suddenly someone comes along with something like this and shakes you to your boots. Leaving you feeling as if you were not okay after all?
    I think we think a lot alike Rose. I too don't care for being labeled, especially the psychic one (although I get it anyway LOL). I only occasionally have an over-reaction to something but when I do, I know enough to know it usually bears looking into. I'd hate to tell you what the last one was because on the outset it seems really really silly. Yikes! But much like dreams, I know its never about what it seems like on the surface, you know? Only you can get to the bottom of whatever this was.

I did not know about "Indigo" people but I think Ordinary Guy summed my take on it perfectly. We are all one and we are all gifted in different ways. All aspects of us are on a spectrum that ranges further than most people would ever guess, I bet... and most of THAT isn't really very important in the long run either! :p
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Bluerose, don't let these authors upset you, its just their own theory and they need to sell books. Read these reviews posted on Amazon. The book sold for $14 and now you can get used ones for $1.45 so you see the relative value. Amazon.com: Reviews for Indigo Children: Books: Lee Carroll
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
    After reading the traits, I thought of many people I know who fall into those lines and even myself, yet I am not going to label anyone or label myself. I am what I am - just as Popeye used to say. We have talents and gifts and hopes and fears - we all do. If someone writes a book about an "Indigo Child", does not really mean anything to me - I figure it is someone trying to make another buck. It is not going to affect me in any way, I will be the same.

You are just fine, bluerose, just the way you are. No matter what color.
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 03:45 PM
    I freaked a little for two reasons.

One - I thought Wow! That would explain a lot.

And two - It reminded me of a church I attended back in my twenties when I was searching and trying to heal myself. My lovely guy (now ex-hubby and good friend whom I have wrote about on here) went along with me one night even though he wasn't too keen. Afterwards he said, “Rose, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but those people are weird.” They preyed on the venerable. They focused on and fussed over young people, like myself back then, who had emotional problems. My guy, a soldier and pretty stable and intelligent, saw what I was too messed up to see.

I feel this is what these 'Indigo' people are doing. Just look at the criteria list. I read the list again and I am now convinced that this is true. When I read it the first time I feel my reaction was more like a flashback to how I used to feel - scared, venerable, and angry with the world and his wife.

I think I do okay today, it was like a little regression episode, and it freaked me out.

I hope that makes sense.

I have had a look on the net and can only find the same people hashing 'Indigo' stuff over. I did try to find someone whom I considered to have some integrity discussing it but couldn't. I guess that says it all.

I want to thank you all so very much for your patience, your kindness, and your understanding.

I truly thought I had seen it all. Lol

PS. Wanted to thank everyone by rating you. Seems I rate ordinaryguy too often - sorry friend had to spread it but thank you too.
    MaxyWelsh Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
    My spirtual friend once labelled me as a 'light worker' which sounds similar to what you talk about here. Both myself and my son display these characteristics, and my husband thinks we are just wackos
    Actually now that I think about it, my mum is exactly the same!
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 03:58 AM
    On a Spiritual/Psychic Forum recently I was labelled a ‘Wounded Healer’. Anyone heard the expression and have any information?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child tax credit :child on H-4 came August 2006 , [ 1 Answers ]

Hi atlanta tax guru I am on h-1 ( entered in June 2006) wife & son entered ( on h-4) August 2006 I am filing as resident alien as I passed test, Wife & son entered 19th August 2006 , are they pass test after 6 months Is it valid to call them resident alien after 19 feb 2007 ? And will...

How can I adopt a child (not my biological child) from my ex [ 2 Answers ]

When I met my ex, she has a 2 yrs old child. While we were married, the child start to think of me as his dad and I've kept that relationship even after our divorce. Now, we are divorced, but the child is with me and my ex and has never seen his biological father. My ex is feeling sick now, and...

View more questions Search