Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwerky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Children's book about children going back to ancient Roman or Greek times
    For some years I've been looking for a book that I enjoyed as a child in the 60s. I hope other baby boomers may be able to help?

The book was probably written in the 40s or 50s. It was about a small group of children who went back to the time of the ancient Romans (or Greeks), and explored, talked to people from that time, and did some sort of test or quiz. I get the feeling there was a professor with them, or perhaps the professor sent them there?

This book might have had a slightly educational viewpoint; I'm not sure. Because it was a library book, I didn't see it again.

I'd love to find this book again, thank you in advance!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
    Call/visit the reader's advisory desk at your public library. They have themed databases and print resources that might nail this down. I Googled but didn't come up with anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1960's children's book - children in park, invented names [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a book which I loved as a child in the late 1960's, would have been published maybe as early as fifties. It was about 6 children who lived opposite a London Park, and they made it their own after the gates were closed by squeezing through a loose railing. They invented names for...

Identifying a children's book about lake monsters (picture book not chapter book) [ 2 Answers ]

I was hoping someone could help me identify the title or author of a picture book I used to read as a child. I've seen that other users have had success with similar questions but unfortunately I just remember the basic premise of this book. Any help or tips would be great! The book I'm looking...

Children's book, children fishing for stars [ 0 Answers ]

I'm making a list of books I want to get for my new baby cousin, but I simply can't remember the name of this one book. I remember that ir revolved around three young children (brothers) who were dreaming. The bed may or may not have turned into a boat (or a shoe? It's vague), and there was...

I used to read this book back in elementary school. It's a children's Book.Can you help [ 1 Answers ]

It's about a poor wandering boy that's hungry who winds up at this ugly old woman's house and asks for food but she only has these different types of vegetables and other thing. They decide to make a soup and they begin to put different things from vegetables to a dogs chewed up bone

View more questions Search