Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanObie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 05:50 AM
    RVHost.exe virus deleted
    After using an antivirus software to remove a Trojan Horse the file RVHost was deleted. It resulted in a statement telling me that the administrator of the computer disabled the Task Manager. Is there anyway of enabling Task Manager again?
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Hello DanObie,
    My name is ANETGames.
    Hopefully I will be able to help you get your Task Manager back and working.
    Im assuming you have Windows XP.

You are going to need to open the Registry Editor.
    START > RUN > Type: regedit.exe
    then press OK. Now, you will just need to navigate to, and modify the following registry entries to match the ones below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System
    "DisableTaskMgr" = 00000000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\policies\system\
    "DisableTaskManager" = 00000000

If you don't know how to do this, I remember a website offering a registry auto-repairer, but I don't know if it still is active.
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...askmanager.reg

Good Luck
    ShahbazAli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanObie
    After using an antivirus software to remove a Trojan Horse the file RVHost was deleted. It resulted in a statement telling me that the administrator of the computer disabled the Task Manager. Is there anyway of enabling Task Manager again?
    If the system Registery editor is disable the rvhost virus then what can we do?
    jastrg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Hello I Jas how to remove RVHOST.exe
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Nov 19, 2007, 09:51 PM
    About the file RVHOST.exe
    Aliases
    * Trojan.Agent.ahe (Rising) * W32/SillyFDC-G (Sophos) * W32/SillyFDC.G (Fortinet)
    * W32/Sohanat.BD.worm (Panda) * Win32.HLLW.Cung (Doctor web) * Win32/Nuqel.A (Ca vet)
    * Win32:Hakaglan [Wrm] (Alwil) * Worm.Hakaglan.B (Virusbuster) * Worm.Win32.AutoIt.e (Kaspersky) * Worm/Hakaglan.A.2 (H+BEDV)

RVHOST.exe - Program Information
    W32.Imaut.N - Symantec.com
    W32/SillyFDC-G - Worm - Sophos threat analysis
    W32/Hakaglan.worm

Steps to remove RVHOST.exe

1a. Run a free online virus scan to be sure you computer is virus and spyware free.
    Security News from the net: Online virus scan

1b. Download and run Firefox to protect your from future spyware attacks and pop ups which are coming in through internet explorer (Trojan downloaders, win32 ) .Then update your windows through Firefox
    Security News from the net: spyware fighter essentials

2. Run the vundo and combo fix
    Security News from the net: vundofix and combo fix

3. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot
    Security News from the net: Spybot search and destroy spyware and popups

And superantispyware
    Security News from the net: SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version)
    To get rid of the nasties

WHAT DO YOU DO IF EVERYTHING FAILS TO REMOVE THE SPYWARE or You are not sure your computer is spyware and virus free?
    If everything fails to get the nasty spyware removed let the experts take a look at what's happening on your computer.Visit the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
    BleepingComputer.com -> HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Nov 19, 2007, 10:05 PM
    The following knowledgebase will help you to resolve the error message "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" when you try to use "Task Manager"
    PC Hell: Task Manager Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator - Fix
    "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" error message

Or
    Go to Start –> Run and copy and paste the following and press OK.

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator « Techno Digits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove RVHOST.EXE malware ? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone have idea about the RVHOST.EXE malware, and how to remove this permanently, or Patch the OS in order not to get infected again in future? Mcafee version 8.0 + Antispyware + Patch 14 cannot remove this malware :o :o The only software that can remove this is PREVX, but it's a trial...

Tfdiam.exe trojan virus [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My companies system were affected by TFDIAM.EXE a TROJAN VIRUS . When I delete that file permanently in system32 it again used to appear and what happens is it continuously give me a error report and if v close the error report then also it appears again . At last what I did was I...

OS infected with rvhost.exe [ 4 Answers ]

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe. When my computer is started, The task manager shows that the processor usage is fully occupied (100%). As soon as I kill/disable this process, my CPU usage drop to the normal level. I have AVG but it didn't detected any problems in my system. Please Help ...

Isass.exe virus [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get isass.exe virus off my computer at home that won't boot up operating sys is xphome edition virus was determined by dell case#144804999 just need to know how to get off a puter that won't boot up Heard can do this with xp disc not the restore one, also heard can go into the clock and...

Is cmd.exe under lsass.exe a Virus [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem that my internet, now a days, is working very slow. I think I''ve got some viruses in my computer and for that I have installed MCAFEE antivirus and its completely up to date. But still the problem ain't solved. while looking into the Process Exdplorer, I saw that the cmd.exe...

View more questions Search