Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 AM
    Gearbox engineering
    Morning all,

It's been a while. We have a gearbox that has been chewing up worms. Turns out the supplier has not been hardening the worm!! While this is not the problem it is easily remedied.

My problem is after 20 odd years of manufacturing this gearbox we have been told that putting the worm/worm wheel as the first stage of reduction is not recommended!

Anyone have any ideas on this or any websites that explain the whys etc?

Cheers

Colin

Check out some similar questions!

Mechanical engineering vs aeronautical engineering [ 0 Answers ]

See I'm a Mechanical Engineering student and I know if we compare other Engineering Streams Mechanical is way tooo similar to Aeronautical Engineering.. But my friends have been arguing saying Other branches are similar to Aeronautics too and not just Mechanical. As an Aircraftoholic guy you know...

Mechanical Engineering versus Aeronautical Engineering [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking about the relationship between Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. Is it possible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering postgraduate degree after completing Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree? How is the demand for Aeronautical Engineering graduates?

How to select gearbox [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys, I have a platform having weight of 1 Ton. There is a load on platform having approximately same weight (i.e. 1 Ton). The platform has to move with a speed of 150 mm/min. I have to motor and gearbox to move this platform. Kindly help me to carry out the calculation. Thanks

Which gives more salary ?(civil engineering or mechanical engineering) [ 2 Answers ]

Which gives more salary ?(civil engineering or mechanical engineering)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.