Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstar59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Moon questions
    While looking for moon rise/set times, the times are always listed as
    Moonrise, then moonset for a given date. Is the time for moonset for that morning, or is it for the following morning (which would make it the next day)?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 06:54 AM
    The times given are for the date given. Thus quite often moon set occurs first on a given date, follwoed by moon rise approximately 12 hours later - this is ttypical for the phases of first quarter moon through full moon to third quarter. At other times it rises in the morning and sets in the evening - this is typical for phases from third quarter through new moon to first quarter phase. Thus if moon set is listed as earlier than moon rise its because it rose the previous day sometime in the afternon or evening and didn't set until mprnong of the next day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions about the moon? [ 17 Answers ]

I am doing a research project on the moon and need to receive answers from an expert. If you know a lot about astronomy please give me your opinion on these questions, even if you are not an expert it will help me to survey what people know about the moon. What is the future of moon exploration?...

Aquarius sun, moon in virgo + sun in scorpio, moon in sagittarius [ 11 Answers ]

The title says it all, I'm curious what the relationship between myself, an female aquarius sun with my moon in virgo and someone I'm seeing who's sun is in scoprio and his moon is in sagittarius. We both are right in the middle of our sun signs, meaning neither of us are on the cusp of...

View more questions Search