Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    accept Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
    panic attacks
    is there an easy fix to random panic attacks? I do not intend to use drugs.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Hi accept,

The only advice I can offer is to learn coping skills to better deal with panic attacks when they occur.

Learning the 'red flags',when they are going to happen,identifying the triggers which bring on the feelings associated with the panic,learning what your next step should be when they happen.. that is the very process your screen name suggests,acceptance.

If the attacks are brought on by a particular thing,say a car backfiring,(bringing back certain memories associated with loud noises) there is little you can do to distance yourself from loud noises,but to learn what to do when these things happen is the proactive way to accept them for what they are,to learn coping skills.. identifying the feelings,your reaction.

So without knowing the exact things which make you suffer panic attacks (and I needn't know them unless you want to share) this is what I've learned over the years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic attacks [ 3 Answers ]

I need a little advice on panic attacks- I have pretty horrid panic attacks. Sometimes it's very hard to leave my house, but I am need to fly in the next month. I am very worried about having a attack on the plane. Does anyone has any advice how to maybe stay calm if I start to experince one...

I'm having panic attacks and I don't know why [ 19 Answers ]

Okay, i refuse to give out any major details because im afraid someone i know might read this. I'm 15 years old and currently in a sexual relationship with my boyfriend. The only thing that worries me about being in a relationship right now, is that I fear I'm suffering from panic attacks :( For...

Panic attacks? [ 3 Answers ]

S/O says he has panic attacks well been less then 6 months and he has broken ribs again I suspect asthma anyone here got any clues, also got large red circle in center of his chest grown larger as time goes by kind of remins me of ring worm but its not.

Panic Attacks [ 3 Answers ]

I am having panic attacks recently. I have to cut off at least one utility for some time to afford to have some dental work done. I think the cost will be between $500-$1,000, or more, from past experience. First, I'm going to cut off cable TV which I'm addicted to-I'm homebound and it is my...

Panic Attacks [ 1 Answers ]

My ten year old Brittany male, adopted 18 months ago, has had a thunder phobia that he's gotten much better about over time. Twice in the past three months he's had panic attacks when the weather was perfectly fine and there was nothing new or unusual in our home or routine. The other night he...

View more questions Search