Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shazgirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Christian Girl and Hindu Boy
    I've been in a relationship with this Hindu boy for 4 months and still continue. This boy practices a practical life where he sees things in the right way but finds it hard to accept other people's opinions. We've talked about issues regarding religion because he's more keen in it. He doesn't want to continue this relationship between us if I'm not willing to convert. And to him it's a must for the girl to convert.

He's not ready to convert because of his family. His mother don't allow him to bring a Christian girl back home. Its hard for me to juggle how he feels and how will my family react to the decide I've taken to convert. But we don't have anything compromising when it comes to religion. We always quarrel, I guess that's usual. I love him sooo much and I'm trying my best to give away my teaching as a Christian girl where in the same time I'm afraid of losing him.

Anybody with any solution please do leave your comments. Really in need.. Thank you for taking the time to read..
    santosh_mahato Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Hi
    Sometimes I get confused to see people makes thigs complicate.

I think you both have not spend the enough time to understand each other and also to love each other.

See I am not saying that your love is not real but what I am feeling that it does not have mature enough at a state where you both feel that your love is much important than anything and both are ready to make sacrifise for each other.

This problem will get solved if both of you feel that your love is very important and you both can't live without each other and at that time the solution will come.

I know by hearing all thise you may not feel good and you may think that I have not understood your feelings.

But I think you may need more time to thing on it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Beware of giving your heart to a stranger of 4 months that demands BIG changes so soon. Especially one that refuses any compromise. That would be foolish to give away all that you are and get nothing in return.

You are not a priority in his life. Why is he one in yours?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
    So you are not really a Christian then, just pretending to be one. A real Christian would not give up their God, and they salvation in Christ for a person.
    Shazgirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 04:40 AM
    All of you were right. I was not a priority in his life. But I made him mine. He left 5 months back saying that I'm a trouble in his life and that he can't study because of me and yes of course because I'm a christian girl. Both his family and mine got involved during the breakup. It was a terrible phase to go through. So yes, I should have taken all of your advises at the very beginning. Reading through all your replies, now everything makes sense. Thank you so much for the help. God bless you all.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 28, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Thank you for the update.

I am sorry the relationship ended the way it did. I hope you won't allow this experience to negatively affect how you feel about love or men.

It may not seem like it now, but there are men who will want you for the person you are, not who they think you should be. It sometimes takes a while of knowing and dating someone to know if they are a person who is ready to build a strong foundation for a relationship with you.

Be very cautious if you think you are falling in love almost immediately after meeting person. That first rush of intense feeling is usually more for who you want the person to be than for the individual he actually is.

Take some time to know yourself and what you want in a mate. You shouldn't have to make major changes to your life (such as changing your religion) to try to make another person happy. Be strong in who you are and what you believe. Accepting another person's needs and adapting to them is not the same as giving up who you are.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a christian girl marry a hindu boy ? [ 4 Answers ]

hi... a chriatian girl wants to marry a hindu boy but religion is coming in between from the girl's side. Boy's family being very open minded allowing girl to worship her religion as she wants after wedding also... they just want that after wediing she preech both religion as boy is also ready to...

Hindu girl marrying christian boy [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me how can I marry my girl? The problem is that she is hindu.and am a christian guy..

Can a christian girl marry in a hindu way? [ 3 Answers ]

If a christian girl wants to marry her boyfriend (who is converted from hinduism to christianity) but his parents are not aware about the fact that he is converted, and he is afraid to tell them.The parents have agreed on bringen a christian girl into their family now, but their wish is that they...

Hindu girl is marrying to christian guy? [ 4 Answers ]

A couple got registered marriage and after 10days the guys parents wants to do the proper marriage formality in church.I would like to know whether this registered marriage will create any impact for the church marriage formalities? Please let me know your suggestions..

I am hindu boy , I need to marry a christian girl [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy I need to marry a christian girl, we both live in kerala. Can we register marry in tamilnadu? Is it possible to marry secretly now?

View more questions Search