Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greeniangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
    I am in the process of selling my mobile home and 4 lots I never received title
    I am currently trying to sell my land and mobile home, I originally bought the trailer off an individual we went through a lawyer and did a contract, later I went to the bank and took out a mortgage on the mobile home, I paid off the individuals with the money I received from the loan, I have probably refianced the loan a couple of times. I am now trying to sell the place but the bank said they need a title for me to sell. Is this true and if so why did I not have to have the title to get the mortgage on the place. I just got an abstract drawn up and title search was done, and how did they do a title search if there is no title.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
    You will have to have a title to sell the trailer. Why you did not get one, is for you and your attorney to figure out, since to legally own it, you are the one listed on the title and normally pay personal property tax each year on it. So have you been paying tax on the mobile home, not the load but tax on the trailer ( just like on a car)

You can take the serial number to the DMV or other offfice that does that in your area, and see who is shown as the legal owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mobile home park sell a mobile home without a title California? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a mobile home park sell you a mobile home without a title and if they do, do they have to give you the money back on the mobile. If you give them enough time to get the title and they will not repay you on the mobilehome. If you found another mobile home and you requested the money back and...

Repossed mobile home lots [ 1 Answers ]

Manufactured home lots

Selling mobile home in Texas without title [ 5 Answers ]

I have a mobile home in Texas that I want to sell, which I bought 3 years ago without a title, there is no land with the mobile home, do I have to have a title, or is a bill of sale good enough?

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Park owner demands fee foe selling mobile home? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all. First post/question here. Please advise if possible. My wife & I own a mobile home in a mobile home park here in California. We just received our new lease paperwork, and in it, there is a new stipulation. The park owner is demanding a 5% "fee" or "commission" from any park resident...

View more questions Search