Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbmeyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Ruud Furnace is not producing any heat
    We purchased our home a year and a half ago and had no problems with our heat last winter. However, when we turned the heat on for the first time this year, nothing happens. We have a Ruud Achiever 90 Plus furnace and I believe it is original to the house, approximately 12 years old. We have tried replacing the filter, reseting the thermostat as well as turning off the furnace, none of which helped. The furnace fan will run when we set the themostat to the fan "on", however, it will only blow out cold air. Is it possibly the pilot light? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    PJmax Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Nov 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
    This could be a little complicated but to start I'll need a model number. It'll be inside of the front access cover. It appears that your furnace is of the modulating type and will have no pilot light to blow out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant Gas Furnace Not producing heat- only cold air [ 0 Answers ]

We have a bryant gas furnace model 394HAD, it is about 10 yearsd & we have had the thermocupler replaced once. The problem we are having, is although the pilot is lit, the fan is on , it is blowing cold air. Just turned on heat on the thermostat by settingit to 70 & then flipping switch to heat....

No heat brand new Ruud furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Ruud furnace installed on Dec 30/2008 and I have woke up twice to no heat in a week at minus 40 tempertures outside. The furnace kept calling for heat but the heat never ignited. I have turned the furnace switch on and off and the green blinking light stays on but the organge light that...

Furnace not producing heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 373LAV Horizontal Gas Furnace and am receiving effor code 12 which states "Blower on after power up (115 or 24V)" what does this mean. How can I fix it? HELP!!

Furnace is not producing heat. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my furnace replaced in November of 2007, with a Miller. I ran out of Kerosene in March of 08 so I rode out the rest of the winter. I recently received a delivery of fuel and tried to fire up my furnace. It started running the fan with no problems. There was a box that was...

No electrical heat-ruud furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5.5 year old, 4 ton, split, ruudd furnace. Heating is electrical. The heat does not work, the motor runs but it just blows cold air. The cold settings for air conditioning work well. How do I know whether the problem is with the heating elements or something else? Thanks

View more questions Search