Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2012, 12:09 AM
    That's the passenger system?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    That's the passenger system?
    Loop = the historic commercial center of downtown Chicago, surrounded by the El ("elevated"), trains above ground so that you can walk from the train into an upper floor of a department store.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2012, 03:08 AM
    As far as the Clearing Yard goes ;it is co-owned by It is co-owned by BNSF Railway, Canadian National Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern Railway, and Union Pacific Railroad .
    . The Belt Railway began as the idea of real estate promoter John B. Brown, who recognized in the late 1870s the need for a terminal railroad in Chicago.

Brown and his associates chartered the Chicago & Western Indiana Railroad, the original parent company of the Belt Railway. During a four-year period, they constructed a series of connecting railroads that formed a “belt line,” which linked every major railroad in the city and also served the industries in the South Chicago and Calumet districts.Five railroads-the Louisville, New Albany & Chicago Railway, Chicago & Atlantic Railway, Chicago & Eastern Illinois Railroad, Wabash, St. Louis & Pacific Railway, and Chicago & Grand Trunk Railway- executed leases to use the tracks and terminal as tenants.
    About | The Belt Railway Company of Chicago
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Very interesting Tom, the thinking in another century
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 03:27 PM
    Speaking of socialized medicine, I guess it's OK if you don't mind dying needlessly because of "efficiency" targets (aka rationing).

An official inquiry into failings at the hospital, where between 400 and 1,200 patients died needlessly due to a catalogue of failings and appalling standards of care, is due to be published later this month.

The report is expected to blame managers who cut costs and reduced staffing levels in an attempt to hit "efficiency" targets and win foundation status.

The report, the result of a two year-long inquiry led by Robert Francis QC, is expected to call for major reforms of the NHS including new controls to identify and remove bad managers and an improved training programme for nurses and health care assistants.

It will warn that a "culture of fear" filtering down from Whitehall made managers obsessed with hitting targets, even when to do so would mean putting patients at risk.

Doctors at Stafford were called away from critical patients to treat less urgent Accident and Emergency patients because a central target said all patients should be discharged from A&E units within four hours, the inquiry reportedly heard.

Patients were left unwashed, unfed and in soiled bedsheets, while nurses were told that "heads would roll" and the A&E department could close if targets were missed.

The NHS Commissioning Board, of which Sir David is the new head, could not be reached for comment.
    But hey, let's be just like them!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Now that the elections are over ,the Dems are more than willing to admit that Obamacare has death panels and rationing
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Bizzaire
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2013, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    bizzaire

Isn't it. I guess it must have something to do with the politics.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 04:42 AM
    As they said you had to enact it to find out what's in it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 05:17 AM
    Yes not that it is in effect, and little can be done about it, all the facts will soon become more and more clear.

The system we had needed to be fixed, but no one in America did without health care, since even the homeless could go to medical centers for treatment,
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttyd View Post
    Isn't it. I guess it must have something to do with the politics.

Tut
    I call it willful deception.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I call it willful deception.
    I don't know. To ME, willful deception is BELIEVING that BEFORE Obamacare, ANYBODY and EVERYBODY, in this great nation of ours, need ONLY to walk into an ER, or a "medical center" and get all the treatment they need...

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I dunno. To ME, willful deception is BELIEVING that BEFORE Obamacare, ANYBODY and EVERYBODY, in this great nation of ours, need ONLY to walk into an ER, or a "medical center" and get all the treatment they need...

excon
    But they could, unless you went to the University of Chicago Medical Center under Michelle Obama's Urban Health Initiative, then you got dumped elsewhere.

Willful deception is telling the American people you have to pass the bill to know what's in it.

Willful deception is calling the contraceptive mandate "compromise" a compromise.

Willful deception is telling the American people if they liked their insurance they could keep it.

Willful deception is telling the American people Obamacare would "bend the cost curve." Ok, it did - sharply upward.

Willful deception is your "war on women."

Willful deception is there will be no rationing of health care.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Now that you have heard the Tea Party version,

The South Side Healthcare Collaborative | Urban Health Initiative

Willful deception is telling the American people you have to pass the bill to know what's in it.

I read it before it was passed why didn't you, oh thats right it was to long and republicans held it up and burned it before they, or their staff bothered to read the darn thing. Now I will admit, the parts so far are very good and popular, but the rest will be judged on its merits when implemented NEXT year. The funny part is with you guys is that health care costs were increasing for 20 years, and thats should have been as unacceptable as Obama Care is.

Willful deception is calling the contraceptive mandate "compromise" a compromise.

Jumping he gun since we don't know what the compromise is until around MARCH.

Willful deception is telling the American people if they liked their insurance they could keep it.

Thats your choice so show me the ones that like what they have and can't keep it. Can they afford to keep it is the real question since EVERYBODY'S insurance is going UP! Thats the insurance company, BEFORE, and AFTER Obama Care. I thought you guy admired the rich guys making as much profit as they can, you know free markets and all? Guess NOT, huh?

Willful deception is telling the American people Obamacare would "bend the cost curve." Ok, it did - sharply upward.

Of course it hasn't........YET.................But we will have to wait for 2014, and what part of it hasn't been implemented is it you don't understand? Meds have gone down though. Thats a start in the right direction isn't it?

Our war is against the conservatives war on woman that you lie about waging and call it for their own good, and judging from the election results, they voted against you guys so obviously they don't believe your lies.

That BS right wing straw argument didn't work before, and its a tired return to the crap you guys holler when you have NO facts, NONE, NADA, ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be drinking your own TEA, try a cup of coffee. Stay away from the Kool Aid.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Nice post Tal. Greenie for you.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Now that you have heard the Tea Party version
    Since the compliant media ignored it you mean.

Sorry, but you have no argument for that bit of deception.

Jumping he gun since we don't know what the compromise is until around MARCH.
    Ah, so all these institutions are suing the government over something that doesn't exist. Wow, you're really stretching now.

Thats your choice so show me the ones that like what they have and can't keep it. Can they afford to keep it is the real question since EVERYBODY'S insurance is going UP! Thats the insurance company, BEFORE, and AFTER Obama Care. I thought you guy admired the rich guys making as much profit as they can, you know free markets and all? Guess NOT, huh?
    No, it was NEVER my choice. Obama knew then that employers chose our insurance coverage, and I'm OK with everyone making a profit. You're apparently OK with corporate cronyism when it fits your agenda.

Of course it hasn't........YET.................But we will have to wait for 2014, and what part of it hasn't been implemented is it you don't understand? Meds have gone down though. Thats a start in the right direction isn't it?
    My meds haven't gone down, they've gone up this year and as I showed a lot of those women you're so worried about just saw a huge INCREASE on the cost of their contraceptives. Like I said, you don't think big pharma is going to raise prices on a guaranteed sale?

Our war is against the conservatives war on woman that you lie about waging and call it for their own good, and judging from the election results, they voted against you guys so obviously they don't believe your lies.
    I have never lied to you, unless it had something to do with an NFL fantasy draft in which all is fair.

That BS right wing straw argument didn't work before, and its a tired return to the crap you guys holler when you have NO facts, NONE, NADA, ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be drinking your own TEA, try a cup of coffee. Stay away from the Kool Aid
    IPAB is a “mindless rate-cutting machine that will endanger the health of America’s seniors and people with disabilities.” Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif

When did Stark become a Teabagger?
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Nice post Tal. Greenie for you.
    Are you going to hold his hand and sing Kum Ba Yah next?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Are you going to hold his hand and sing Kum Ba Yah next?
    Right after you and tom finally get married. :D
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Right after you and tom finally get married. :D
    He's not my type, he's a Giants fan.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 11:11 AM
    This is the rest of what Stark said,

Ways and Means OKs IPAB Killer Bill by Voice Vote | LifeHealthPro

Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif. a strong PPACA supporter, said in his opening remarks at the bill markup session that he agrees with the Republicans on Ways and Means that the IPAB provision is a bad provision.

"Remember, the House included no similar provision in our health reform bill," Stark said.

Stark said that disagrees with the language Republicans have used to criticize the IPAB provision.

No one should "interpret Republican support to repeal IPAB as sincere interest in preserving Medicare," Stark said. "They want to end Medicare as we know it, hand seniors an underfunded voucher, and slash and burn funding available for health coverage for seniors and individuals with disabilities. Despite my opposition to IPAB, it is far less dangerous to Medicare than the Republican voucher plan. IPAB doesn't undermine Medicare's guaranteed benefits and IPAB's ability to reduce Medicare spending has guardrails. It doesn't permit cuts to come from reducing Medicare benefits or from increasing costs on beneficiaries, it prohibits rationing, and it has annual limits on Medicare cuts. The Republican voucher plan has none of these protections."
    PPACA is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medication getting in the way? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been taking some anxiety medication and its been really hard for me to reach my peak in bed. Its getting very frustrating to my boyfriend & myself. Usually I enjoy sex more than my boyfriend, and am practically begging for it.. but lately I think I'm just having sex out of habit, I find my...

Medication [ 1 Answers ]

Identify meds which demand physiological measurements

Medication [ 0 Answers ]

Can my obgyn perscribe adderall? I was dignosed as a child but got off it for pregnancy and was wondering if he could treat me and how would I go about talking with him about it.

Socialized medicine! Calling all Canadians and Western Europeans [ 65 Answers ]

Hello: Is it bad, or is it good? excon

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search