Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glambert44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Frequent re-firing of furnace
    My furnace seems to be re-firing more often then usually. Other than the apparent, "it just got much colder out", could this be a problem with the thermostat?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Not usual unless the temp spread is large. If the temp is low outside and hot inside, it will run a lot.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 04:58 PM
    What type of thermostat do you have? Is it fairly old? If it is an old mercury stat, it would be best to upgrade to an electronic or digital stat. If that doesn't solve the problem, let us know what type of furnace you have, make and model, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Flame Sensor Needs Frequent Replacing [ 1 Answers ]

I own a hair salon and I have a Goodman furnace near the ceiling (small attic), and the guys I contracted have been replacing the flame sensor every two months because it turns off the burners. Are they installing correctly or is this common? If not, what do you think is the problem? What can we do...

GMP furnace not firing up [ 0 Answers ]

First cold and she she's not firng up. The fan runs for a time but the burners are not firing. Glow plug gets hot but no gas. Flame sensor? Can it be tested?

Why is my furnace not firing up? [ 12 Answers ]

My goodman furnace is not firing up. It turns on but it's not firing up so there's no heat coming out. Have dad this problem for about a month now. Please help, my house is freezing cold! Thank you...

Frequent recycling on of furnace [ 3 Answers ]

My force hot air furnace keeps recycling on every 8 to 10 minutes. The temperature is set at 68 and the room reading is also 68. The room reading temperature does not decrease prior to the furnace coming on nor does it increase after the furnace completes its heating cycle. The red LED light on...

Frequent activated furnace [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts: Recently I installed a new gas furnace (carrier 2 stage furnance). However, the furnace kick on and off frequently, i.e. short cycle. It turns on for 5 minutes and then turn off. After 10-15 minutes, it turns on again, and repeat the cycle. Is it normal? If not, how to solve...

View more questions Search