Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Wollscha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
    Penn gas fired boiler burner won\
    I have a Penn Gas Fired boiler burner model GFA-4and it won't ignite. The pilot stays on and the burners will light if you hit the red button on top of the control. The burners will lite then go back of in a couple minutes.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2012, 06:37 AM
    I have a Penn Gas Fired boiler burner model GFA-4and it won't ignite. the pilot stays on and the burners will light if you hit the red button on top of the control. The burners will lite then go back of in a couple minutes.

Without being there to test I would suggest that the gas valve is defective based upon your description of your actions with the red button and the actions of the gas valve that activation of the red button produced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal Gas Fired Boiler [ 0 Answers ]

Good afternoon! I have a Federal gas fired boiler, model number GSFA17, rated at 175000 BTU. It is used for heating purposes only. It is supposed to heat 3 floors. The thermostat is located on the 2nd of the 3. There are 4 rooms on the 3rd floor and 2 have not gotten heat in my time living here...

How to oil your gas fired hot water boiler [ 0 Answers ]

I am about to put our gas fired hot water boiler on, I know I need to oil it, where do I oil it and how much?

Gas Fired Hot Water Boiler [ 1 Answers ]

This may sound like a stupid question. The pressure gauge on our Boiler is usually between 10 and 20. Is this normal? Also, do boiler's have filters than need changing?

Gas fired utica boiler [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Utica gas fired hot water baseboard unit. I can not get the temp. in the house to go above 65 degrees. The furnace goes on and maintains the 65 degrees.

View more questions Search