Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 09:16 AM
    If you are in the US and have no health insurance
    But need medical help, go to an area hospital ER or to a walk-in clinic. At the hospital, you will be triaged according to the severity of your medical problem. For mental problems, go to an ER or clinic in order to connect up with a social worker who will guide you though the mental health care maze. Or, for mental health support/counseling, call your local village/township/county mental health or human resource office for info on low-cost or sliding-scale help. Many Catholic priests and Protestant ministers will provide counseling of all kinds (and you don't have to join that church, but they may ask for a donation to that parish). If you're a military veteran, a VA hospital will treat you for free. If in doubt about any of this, call the reference desk at your local library for more specific information, phone numbers, and contact names/places.
    princessoreo Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2012, 02:08 AM
    I am a single mom with four kids and have no health coverage. Generally, most areas have a free clinic of some kind that will help people with no insurance for a very small fee or for free depending on your income. They aren't the best of places but beggars can't be choosers. I have been to several free clinics and they have helped me very much.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 22, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Getting any type of medical assistance at clinics or ER's is much better than none. Emergency Rooms will NEVER refuse treatment.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 05:39 PM
    You can also get grants for low income/no insurance. These things are why I do not understand why we are being pushed into Obama care.
    mommeykrista89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 07:32 AM
    What is Obama care going to be abd when do we have to have it and how much will it cost?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 08:30 AM
    This has been covered extensively by the media. Here is the info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

View more questions Search