Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
    What are interesting ways on how to approach women?
    I am new at work and most of my co-workers are women. I wanted to be friends with them but I don’t how to start. I would like to know how to approach women without being impolite?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
    How old are you? How old are the women? Are you female?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 02:36 AM
    At work, just do your job, say hello, and at breaks or when talk is happening just be part of it.

Why do you need to "approach" them. That sounds more like wanting to date them, not just slowly becomes friends at work
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
    I wouldn't recommend "interesting" approaches to meeting people at work because "interesting" can too easily come off as strange, awkward or inappropriate. If ever there's a time to be conventional, it's at work.

Your time at work should be spent working. So, when something work related comes up that involves another person, you approach them related to that item. If you need help, you can properly ask a colleague for that assistance.

What you should not do is attempt to establish personal dating relationships with anyone at work. This can be considered sexual harassment if it is not welcome, and you can't know in advance, so don't even try it. Keep work professional. If there are friendships to be had at work, they will develop naturally. Just do your job, be professional, be pleasant and that's it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated...

How to write her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anyone knew how to write "her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace in sanskrit?

View more questions Search