Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowbeardvc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:25 PM
    Free home improvement grants disabled Elderly (80+)
    After an BRUTAL attack on my wife and I during a Home Invasion, followed by a fire WE are having had a hard time healing with such living conditions, IF it can be called “living“.. Are behind on 4 years property taxes and 3 months owed on small mortgage.. Trying to find anyone know of a way to get a Loan, Refinance, or Grant of only a total of $50,000?? Gov. programs are only helping with mortgages of $70,000 and higher.. NOT for our situation, someone else to help.

Never able to get back on our feet to make all necessary repairs to the Home, the home still has Bullet Holes in the walls and ceilings, curtains and drapes, etc.. Other damages make the Home unsafe, rear stair and deck have main support structural damage, floors have tripping hazards. A Generator (Well pump 12KW) was lost in the Fire which has left us without any Running Water in the Home since last December, almost a year ago… The Generator; have not been able to replace nor the garden shed that contained the generator and many tools and supplies that were inside. (Pictures are available)
    The Insurance Co. would not pay off… Tried to obtain help with some weatherization program by NACOG out of Flagstaff, that cost us warmth in our Home, now get up in morning with inside temperatures at 34 to 42 degrees, they replaced our Furnace with 2 undersized 80% space heaters and refuse to do anything about it. Does anyone know of any place to obtain a Loan, refinance, Grant or other program that is able to assist 80 year old Disabled??

We have now run out of money, because of bills…have been unable to find any help or assistance for us either !
    Unable to find a Refinance, Loan or Grant from anyone, anywhere?
    Do you have any suggestions for our need, if so please Help ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 11:44 PM
    I have no idea how you would get a loan. All banks require that you have an income or equity in order to obtain a loan. You're on disability, and have no equity, you're also 80. How would you pay back a $50,000 loan? I can't think of any bank that would be willing to lend you money under those circumstances.

I am sorry for your hardship, but really, I don't see how you would qualify for a loan of any amount, much less $50,000.

Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 03:42 AM
    Several issues,

If there was a break in and bullets, most home owners policies insure this also.

As for a fire, unless you caused it, of course insurance pays for it.

Perhaps there are other issues here where the cause of this is something you did ?

But if not, contact the dept of insurance, and file a complain on the insurance company, You may need to even sue them.

No with no money you will not get any loans, you may talk to real estate and construction people to see if there are any federal or state grants to help elderly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any programs to aid the disabled with interior home improvement [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 27 yr old man who was paralyzed in a car crash. I live with my parents and my three children. I can't get into our bathroom in my wheelchair because the door isn't wide enough. My parents have to pick me up and carry me to the bath tub. The house is paid for and in my fathers name but I only...

Home improvement grant for a disabled individual [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know if there are grants available to disabled individuals to remodel the home such as interior painting, taking off paneling and replacing it so it can be painted, putting in a bathroom vanity, new kitchen floor, remodeling kitchen cabinets, putting in new carpet and finishing a garage...

Free government grants for disabled for home improvement [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is physically disabled is there a free grant to make our home wheelchair accessible? Also need wall repaired and a roof.

Home improvement for disabled brother [ 2 Answers ]

My brother needs a wheelchair accessible ramp and shower. He has his own house. Can he get a Federal grant for this improvement? Thx

View more questions Search