Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minionman2005 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2012, 09:56 PM
    Need a movie name classic mid 80s to 90s
    I remember watching this movie once, back when I was younger. All I can remember is... the world was in ruin, people lived in domed cities and wore crystals in their chests, people were matched up by the color of the crystals, outside there were savages who were "deformed?" they used a sort of teleport system where they called up a image on a wall and just walked through to where they needed to go, this is about all I can remember
    PJmax Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2012, 09:58 PM
    Could it be Logan's Run ? A little earlier than you mentioned.

Logan's Run (1976) - IMDb

Nov 21, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Seen this movie before, its not logans run, also a few more things to add after thinking about the movie I am looking for, they find a group of the savages from outside and one of them is the sister of a person on the inside
    doomedlast Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 11:25 PM
    Hi.. I am new here my name is ramzi...
    It is killing me too trying to find your same movie... maybe I can add some details
    Like the first scene of the movie is about a young man winning the gymnastic in Olympic games with the american team... then I don't know why but they participate in the committing games you mentioned and some one called Gomiz is trying to kill the king of that country by killing the competencies out of the rules of the game then in another scene this young american man fights his way on the land of the doomed which is also part of the game he fights until he come close to death but I think his father save him which I think what brings him for the games originally to find his father then his father killed by this Gomiz person... also a girl I think kings daughter reveal the traitor person and a big fight with the help of people to kill the traitors...

Any idea about this movie??

Nov 22, 2012, 04:23 AM
    I have no idea what you are talking about but I never mentioned a game
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
    There was a pilot shown for a TV show called Island City that sounds like it matches your description. Here's a snippet from the synopsis:
    Citizens of the city notably wore a colored crystal on their neck and could only mate with other citizens of the same color, which was based on the individual's genetic makeup.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_City_(film)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Doomedlast, it sounds like you are thinking of the movie Gymkata

Dec 4, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Dear Quinn F...

Many thanks to you I want to kiss you between the eyes
    It is GYMKATA I was killing myself to remember it

Thanks again my friend
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Glad to help :)

Aug 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
    My Dearest...
    I have another one for you..

A japanees action film about a cop went back home to his family he is a police man
    He is having problem with his family... in the film he get his little doughtier big bear
    And I think he is some king of a witness a gang puts a bom under his car meant for him but his kid and wife drive the care and blown away... a sceen of car chase and lots of destruction to other cars the car is IBM balck I think...

Then a police lady tries to resolve the case I think!!

She is famous actor I don't remember her name

Her boy friend get kidnapped over that police man mater and he jumps a high building in a dramatic scene of her trying to save him in slow motion calling his name "mikel" she was wearing a colored orange and blue shirt with jeans

Then they puts that police man in his ambussy but escaped and him and that police lady with the gang fights in the last scene in sum dumpster and they win

The film was in the 80's

I think his name was "in the line of duty" not sure

Could you have a clue about it??

Great thanks dear
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Aug 24, 2013, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    There was a pilot shown for a TV show called Island City that sounds like it matches your description. Here's a snippet from the synopsis:
    Citizens of the city notably wore a colored crystal on their neck and could only mate with other citizens of the same color, which was based on the individual's genetic makeup.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_City_(film)
    A note of interest-- There is a new movie coming out called "Divergent" - people on a planet are separated into 5 factions based on their personality (warlike, intelligence, empathy, selflessness etc.) and each faction is clothed in a different color. A new girl can't commit to a faction and she is considered divergent...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a classic samurai movie title. [ 0 Answers ]

I only remember one scene of this film. Before the final battle a group of samurai enter a brothel. One is made fun of for being dirty, he was a farmer. He shows his strength by lifting the central support of the building and slips his sandals off underneath. He proceeds to find a farmer woman, and...

Need the name of a movie classic [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I was sitting here thinking about old movies today and I remembered an old movie I used to watch all the time, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, I know the whole plot line, I tried barbarian twins but nothing came up, but its 2 brothers from a carnival tribe who...

Identify classic movie scenes [ 0 Answers ]

Does someone know which classic movies these scenes were taken from? http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/10208/4690c4102079564.jpg The scenes contain the following actors: 1: Jayne Mansfield 2: Buster Keaton 3: Martine Carol 4: Gerard Philipe 5: Jean Harlow (maybe Reckless (1935)?)

Classic Movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I seen a movie on amc a few years ago about a group pf men, pulling a big boat (ark) across land. It was rainy/snowy very muddy. The ark or boat got stuck & then they were attacted. At the end they gave up one by one & left the (ark) or big boat in the mud & all started to make the long...

Classic 80s sci-fi movie [ 1 Answers ]

There is this movie I used to watch as a kid and it starts as these kids are in a basement and a little white ball crashes through there basement window and eventually the ball starts eating all there food in the house and that's all I can remember. Someone please help me figure this out thanks

View more questions Search