Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
    Horses
    In the next couple of years me and my mom want to adopt a couple of horses .
    I want a large horse that is a good trail horse what type should I get?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 09:03 PM
    Do either of you know anything about horses?

Do you have the tens of thousands of dollars needed to take care of one?

Monthly cost of a horse
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2012, 10:14 PM
    There really is no one specific breed that fits that criteria. Your best bet is to purchase a horse that has already "been there, and done that".

The horse market is over flowing with good horses that need homes. I'm sure it won't be hard for you to find what you want. Just be sure to have someone who knows horses come with you so that way you don't get a wild, out of control horse. Also, it wouldn't hurt for you to start calling around to vets in your area (or where the horse is located) for a full physical "pre-purchase" exam. This ensures that you are getting a sound horse both inside and out.
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post
    There really is no one specific breed that fits that criteria. Your best bet is to purchase a horse that has already "been there, and done that".

The horse market is over flowing with good horses that need homes. I'm sure it won't be hard for you to find what you want. Just be sure to have someone who knows horses come with you so that way you don't get a wild, out of control horse. Also, it wouldn't hurt for you to start calling around to vets in your area (or where the horse is located) for a full physical "pre-purchase" exam. This ensures that you are getting a sound horse both inside and out.
    Thanks I will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horses? [ 30 Answers ]

What type of horse is the friendliest

Horses... [ 10 Answers ]

Hey people I know nobody is going to read this, but I love horses soooooooo much. They are so beautiful when they walk. I want to buy a horse but can't find any I should buy. Any suggestions? :confused:

Horses [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering whether people knew anything about whether horses laid down on the ground much. I saw one of my horses down on the ground twice today and I have never seen them really do that before in my whole life. Granted I don't watch them all the time but it is freezing outside and I hope it...

View more questions Search