Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revrp Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Trane XB90 propane furnace
    Trane xb90 does not light all burners fast enough to satisfy flame sensor which is on the last burner so the unit cycles out and after three times it locks out until you kill the power to reset the control board. Usually the first couple of burners will light and stay lit maybe a second then cycles out. Occasionally it will light all of them and in a second or less. I used to work on furnaces back in the day when for the most part you had standing pilots and no control boards. I did change the glow coil because used to if they had some age on them they would begin to rob the gas valve of enough millivolts to keep it from opening.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
    A good place to start would be to clean the cross igniter bar on the burner assembly. This is usually a small channel that allows gas to flow from one burner to the next to ignite all burners. It many times becomes plugged with dust or corrosion and can be cleaned with a wire brush and a little compressed air. On many units this requires removing the burner assembly for access.
    revrp Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    A good place to start would be to clean the cross igniter bar on the burner assembly. This is usually a small channel that allows gas to flow from one burner to the next to ignite all burners. It many times becomes plugged with dust or corrosion and can be cleaned with a wire brush and a little compressed air. On many units this requires removing the burner assembly for access.
    If I was a betting man I would bet that you are exactly right. Here in Tennessee it is just now gettting cold enough at night to run the furnace and it has set all summer. I will have to remove the burner assembly to get to it but I sure appreciate your imput. Thanks bunches
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Good luck and please let me know the outcome. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XB90 Gas Furnace -Red Flashing Light [ 6 Answers ]

My Trane XB90 Gas furnace has a red flashing led light. Is this a problem? What does it mean? Thanks in advance...

I have a trane xb90 furnace [ 0 Answers ]

T works on auto for cooling but won't do anything when on heat auto? Is there something easy to fix this?

Trane furnace XB90 diagnostic LED light is flashing 4 times [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace does not blow out any heat but only cold air blows out.. trane XB90 and the diagnostic LED light is flashing 4 times... please help we are cold.. the code for 4 times flahinf light says open limit device.

TRANE XL80 Propane Furnace not working [ 1 Answers ]

TRANE XL80 Propane Furnace not working I have an older TRANE XL80 (1989) recently quit working. I discovered the ignitor was not glowing and traced it to a bad relay in the control module. I had the relay replaced, now the ignitor will come on and the unit fires up but will only burn for about...

Trane Propane Gas Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have a Trane downflow horizonal gas furnace that was installed new in the spring of 2000. It has worked great until now. When the heat is turned on the furnace works fine and supplies heat. When the thermostat is satisifed it turns off. When heat is required again the thermostat...

View more questions Search