Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beardog003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 10:01 PM
    Creating a website.
    Hi, I am fairly new to the internet other than just surfing it and was interested in starting a website. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that could help me in the right direction in creating, hosting and maintaining the site, any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Agntno9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Well, a cheap place to go to get your own website hosting is godaddy.com. There's a free version where you get a big annoying banner on the top and you can pay them to have it removed. If you don't know anything about html, you might want to download something like frontpage to help you build it. As I recall, Netscape had a built in webpage editor.. I don't condone the use of netscape though..

-Agntno9
    bl7045 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2007, 10:33 AM
    http://www.freewebs.com, its free and you use templates. Easy for a first time website.But you get name looking like freewebs.com/-----. To make it look more professional go to freedomain.co.nr and get a free domain name.it can look like this www.----.co.nr and it is all free. You can check out my site below for an example. I did it using freewebs and freedomains.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Recently I was playing around with Googlepages and was impressed with the simplicity in creating a web page there. You'll need to register a free Google account of course. Here's the link:
    https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...mpl=yessignups
    bugwolf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 08:26 PM

As a newbie, you really have a lot of things need to handle. You can do them step by step. But first thing you need to do is to find a good web hosting. Since you are new, I recommend you to look for a hosting with affordable pricing. Don't spend too much money at beginning and take some time to be familiar with ever part of building up a web site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a new Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Ken and I currently have an expansion on my house about 500 sq ft and have been considering closing it off and making it into a separate apartment. My only concerns with this is plumbing, I currently work in HVACR field and am familiar with construction, but don't know if this is...

Creating xp disc [ 3 Answers ]

I have purchased a second hand computer which has xp loaded on it but it did not come with an xp disc. I want to transfer the required files from this computer to make a bootable disc so that I can re-install if it is required later. Thanks

Creating new math [ 3 Answers ]

My question to you all is how can I have the new math I create checked without worry of someone stealing the ideas or finishing ones that aren't finished?

Creating one partition? [ 6 Answers ]

Running MS XP SP2. Onboard hdd is 120GB. It's formatted as follows:- C:\ Primary Partition-NTFS-58.59GB-38% free E:\ Partition-NTFS-53.19GB-39% free (Logical Drive) I would prefer the disk to all be seen as C:\ E:\ currently contains a number of Acronis images of C:\ which are not...

Creating a forum [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I'de like to create a forum for my new site. But but I don't know anything about it. Can someone hepl me? I only know the interface part. Thanks

View more questions Search