Ask
    carrsha3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 02:02 AM
    Woman felons looking for grants and loans
    I have 2 felonies I'm looking to start a bisinesd
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 04:12 AM
    There are no special grants for felons, In fact some grants may be refused because of the felonies. But you will have to apply for business loans and raise capitol like everyone else.

Most actual business grants are more for large business, if they are bringing 100's of jobs into a area. Or to bring a business into a economic drepressed area.

In most cases grants would cover only a small part of the total cost and the person has to prove ability to raise other funds.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 21, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Countless felons see those scam ads that say 'grants for felons' when they just want to charge you a fee for nothing. The only money that MIGHT be available is loans, not grants, for education. You might get a GED prep course, or a technical school for 9 months.
    And as we all know, we are in a recession, and that money is not easy to find either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government grants or loans for convicted felons [ 5 Answers ]

Are there government grants or loans for convicted felons to go to school.

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants or Loans for Ex-Felons [ 4 Answers ]

My-name is Victor I'm an ex-felon HI EVERYONE my ? Is am I eligible for a small business loan or grant

Loans for felons [ 2 Answers ]

I am a tree climber in louisville ky I would like to obtain a loan for a bucket truck and a chipper but I am a convicted felon. S no one will loan me the money. Does anyone know of any ORG. that may help me thank you

View more questions Search