Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jasonp1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
    L8148A question
    I have an L8148A with 3 zone valves and a circulator wired to it. I just added a second circulator with two more zone valves. The second circulator is being turned on by an added R8845U relay box. When either of the two new zone valves call for heat the second circulator turns on. The problem I'm having is when the furnace temp drops to its low limit I would expect the L8148A to turn the furnace on even the three zone valves on that box is not calling for heat. But the only way I can get the furnace to turn on is to turn on one of the three zone valves on the L8148A. Am I wrong in my thinking or do I need to wire the R8845U to the L8148A somehow?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 21, 2012, 01:35 AM
    I have an L8148A with 3 zone valves and a circulator wired to it. I just added a second circulator with two more zone valves. The second circulator is being turned on by an added R8845U relay box. When either of the two new zone valves call for heat the second circulator turns on. The problem I'm having is when the furnace temp drops to its low limit I would expect the L8148A to turn the furnace on even the the three zone valves on that box is not calling for heat. But the only way I can get the furnace to turn on is to turn on one of the three zone valves on the L8148A. Am I wrong in my thinking or do I need to wire the R8845U to the L8148A somehow?

Just apply logic. If you did all that work to install the second circulator figuring this out should be a snap for you. Any time a zone valve opens on a call for heat the only way the hot water can get pumped to that circuit is if the circulator serving that zone/circuit valve is running. I have 3 zones here but only one circulator. My control system is different than yours but it should work the same way. You need to be able to activate the circulator on a call for heat. Look at these wiring diagrams that show the pump hook up and see if you can make it work. NOTE: Always recheck your wiring to be sure you do not create a short circuit and MOST important keep your 24 volt control circuit out of the 110/115 volt circuits for the pump or you will fry the low voltage. Here is a link for the Honeywell diagrams. Be sure to use the correct one for your controls setup.

http://www.pexuniverse.com/docs/pdf/...nstruction.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Management Accounts Question: Variance Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows; McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010. Standard Actual Sales (units) 10,000 10,000 Sales price per unit £30 £32...

Pregnancy question 14 dpo question about symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Im 14 days dpo and have been having twinges and fluttering in my uterus. I had sex a couple of days before I ovulated and while I was ovulating. Could I be pregnant?

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

View more questions Search