Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeneNTN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
    Honeywell thermostat wiring
    I’m in the process of replacing a Braeburn 1200 thermostat with a Honeywell Pro 4000, pn# TH4221D, in that I have a 2-heat / 1 cooling Heat Pump system. The 2nd heating system is a natural gas furnace, which I typically run throughout the colder months by placing the existing thermostat in the ‘Emergency’ position.

In general the electrical connections are straight forward (one-to-one) with regard to most all of the pins (R, O, B [blank], C, Y, E, & G). The question / concern I have has to do with the White wire; connected to the W2 terminal (2nd Stage Aux Heating) on the Braeburn thermostat, leaving either the ‘L’ or the ‘AUX’ connection on the Honeywell unit?

According to the Honeywell Installation Guide, the ‘L’ connection “Sends an output when set to Emergency Heat”, where as the ‘AUX’ connection is for the “Aux Heat Relay”. My guess is that the ‘L’ connection is a continuous output, and the ‘AUX’ output is only available when the thermostat is requesting a heat cycle. However, I’m not completely sure of my interpretation of the brief notes in the Installation Guide, or which connection the 2nd heating system requires? In advance “Thank you” for your response.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring honeywell thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I purchased a honeywell digital thermostat, non programmable, and replacing the honeywell mechanical. The prooblem is i used terminals g y o w2on the old the new has e aux ygolrbc,i can hook up the gyo but,where does the brown wire go.the new honeywell is for heat pump also th321od ...

Honeywell thermostat wiring [ 0 Answers ]

h Honeywell Visionpro 8000 Wiring Instructions I now have a Carrier heat pump with electric back-up heat . I want to replace the manual stat with a Honeywell Visionpro 8000. The terminals connected on the old stat are: O/W2 R Y/Y2 G C W/W1

New Honeywell thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell (q675 subbase) with a new Honewell FocusPro TH6220D. I have a RUUD heatpump with a RUUD electric furnace. It looks as though there are some wiring differences between the old and the new one. The old thermostat had the following wires connected. X...

Honeywell thermostat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions, but I need exact instructions. My old thermostat is wired as follows: W-Blue wire G-Green wire R-Red wire C-White wire Y-Yellow wire New thermostat has: Rh

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.