Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie-in-flatrock Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Keep from bringing home bedbugs
    I have a family situation and MUST go to help clean out a house with bedbugs. How do I keep from bringing any home with me?
    Lots of websites talk about cleaning out the infested home, and I know to wash and dry all clothing I wear in hot water immediately. But I'm hoping there are more steps I can take to be sure I don't carry them into my vehicle and my home when the job is done.
    Any help is greatly appreciated - and the sooner, the better!
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Wear old clothes that can tolerate a hot water wash. Brush yourself off at the infested house. Consider changing clothes at the infested house. Put the cleaning clothes into a plastic bag. Consider washing your cleaning clothes at the infested house. Or you can also buy disposable coveralls, including disposable shoe covers at your local hardware store. Throw trash away at the infested house. Use brushes and sponges from the infested house. Leave them there.

The most likely culprit will be the vacuum. If possible, use the vacuum from the infested house. Clean the vacuum as the final task before you consider the job finished. Clean the vacuum brush and empty the bag into a plastic bag to throw away at the infested house. Store the vacuum in a plastic bag. Do not use the vacuum at your house.

Housekeeping Procedures for Bed Bugs: EHS: Indiana University

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bringing home leftovers. [ 16 Answers ]

OK story goes like this... I invite a good friend over for a super bowl party, she askis if she can bring any thing, I tell her I made a huge Lasagna, and a ton of finger foods, but if she wants to bring garlic bread she is more then welcome, I made it perfectly clear that we had lots of food and...

Bringing a new puppy home [ 4 Answers ]

I am due to pick my puppy uo on Wednesday when she is six weeks old. Is this to young and should I wait?

Bringing Home a Bride [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who lives in California. He was born in Suva, Fiji but has been a naturalized citizen of the US for more than 10 years. He wants to go back to Fiji to find a wife and bring her back to the US. It will be an arranged marriage. Is there a waiting period and how long will it be?

Bringing a missing child home! [ 6 Answers ]

We are trying to raise funds for legal expenses, and traveling expences to get a child back home to Virginia from Washington State, and would love any suggestions on how or who can help us? She was born January 2005, and her mother who is a meth addict ran with her when she realized that the...

Bringing a new puppy home [ 3 Answers ]

I bought an AKC chocolate lab last night brought her home tried to get her to go to the bathroom and she never did put her in the crate she sleep all night when I got up to go to work I took her outside and she still hasn't gone is this normal?

View more questions Search