Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harada91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Hi I am 25 years old and I have a lump on my sternum... it is not that soft or hard e
    Hi I am 25 years old and I have a lump on my sternum... it is not that soft or hard either and it does not hurt at all I have it almost a year now... any ideas what it could be?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
    It sounds like it COULD be a cyst.
    Cysts are noncancerous, closed pockets of tissue that can be filled with fluid, pus, or other material. They are common on the skin but can appear anywhere, and feel like large peas (or bigger) under the surface of the skin. They can develop as a result of infection, clogging of sebaceous glands (oil glands), or around something like an ingrown hair or earring.
    Their main characteristics are slow-growing, painless, and smooth to the touch when rolled.
    They can be left indefinitely, but they also can become infected under some conditions.
    If uninfected but you still want it gone, a doctor will just drain it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pink soft lump on foreskin [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 16 year old boy and I have recently developed a pinky soft lump on the jed area of the outer foreskin.. it was a very small red scaly like bit at the start and its now turned a soft lump. It is not sore or itchy I am concerned what is it?

Swollen Soft Shaft with A Hard Lump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a swollen soft shaft with a hard lump, the swelling is getting worse. I am not circumsiced. The lump feels like a real bad in grown pimple by your nose that does not want to pop. Thanks

Soft purplish lump [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to have infected ingrown hairs on the female genitalia if there are soft purplish bumps along the bikini line? It started small then went away then came back higher along my bikini line then recently another smaller looking bump has appeared slightly lower. If anyone could help me...

My 8 week old has a lump in her soft spot? [ 6 Answers ]

My eight week old daughter has a small purple bump that comes out of her soft spot. I have brought her to her pediatrician and all he said was that it may just be extra skin and that we will keep a eye on it. I really do not think it is extra skin because you can phycally move the bump? Any ideas.

View more questions Search