Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katieoaks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Stand alone shower leaking into ceiling below
    We have a large water spot in our kitchen ceiling that is directly below the stand alone corner shower in the upstairs bathroom. Any ideas on how to determine what is causing this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
    A few questions first, Is this a plastic/ fiberglass enclosed shower or is it a custom tile shower? If you have a plastic base does it give a bit when you step into it? Since the spot's not dripping water we can assume this is a drainage issue, Answer my questions and I may have a solution for you. Back to you, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower leaking through ceiling below [ 1 Answers ]

We have a rainshower head as well as a handheld shower attachment in the bathroom. Yesterday after cleaning, the diverter valve of the shower was inadvertently left partially open. When my husband had a shower later, he immediately noticed the pressure from the rainshower head was less that usual...

Leaking shower into the ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought our first house! Our ceiling paint began to peel in the kitchen right where the shower is upstairs. Where some of the paint peeled, I noticed black spots that appear to be mold. The shower is all tile and pretty old. Where do I even begin to fix this? My husband loves to do...

Leaking Stand up Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this or not but here goes. We had a stand up shower and a toilet put in our basement. The toilet is one that uses a pump and mulcher for the waist and the drain water from the shower goes through the same pump. The shower sits on the cemet floor. Well...

Leaking Stand-Alone Shower [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend an I bravely decided to install a stand alone shower into our new house a few months ago. We have ceramic tray and plastic surround. It developed a leak a few months ago, we have checked all of the pipes none of which are leaking, we also checked the drainage which is fine. It...

Shower leaking through to ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a 2 story townhouse with the shower upstairs. A few days ago I replaced the Moen shower control handle (single) and splashplate behind it, and also the tub spout that has a diverter for the shower. All for cosmetic reasons only. There was a gap between the control handle...

View more questions Search