Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinajackson512 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 10:49 PM
    My husband was married 15 yrs, wife left and now he's being sued...
    Hi. My husband was previously married 15 yrs. Had 2 children born into the marriage, 18 and 15. His ex wife left him almost 3 yrs ago. She did not even have a relationship with the kids. She took the dog but didn't hardly ever see or speak to the children. He has pics that she cheated. He was single 2 yrs then met me and we hit it off and married this yr. He did not ask her for any money or anything since she left. Then tried to get her back. Now, this yr he met me so she talked her son into moving in with her (hes 15). Now, she suddently wants to sue him for child support, primary custody (my husband has primary), and a lot of other bs. I read on here you can't ask for back child support. Also, when she left she just wanted $10,000 for her part of the home. So he was giving her $500 mo but stopped in Feb and still owes her $2,500 and is now gotten papers he is in contempt of court. What, if anything, can we do. This is only half the story too. Help! She cheated on him. And is now living with a different man with only 2 bedrooms and the kids. My husband paid for every single thing for the kids for those 2 yrs and right on this yr until his son moved out in June. Now, lol, she's also sueing for all medical this yr, and other mess.

Nov 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
    By the way, my husband has primary custody but they both have custody. She is also sueing for primary custody, child support, etc. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 03:00 AM
    She could ask for back support from the time of separation in some states, if she had custody of the kids. She can not ask for back support if he had coustody of the kids. That motion most likely will get thrown out by his attorney.

Yes she can sue for custody, and yes she can sue for a change in support.

He just needs to get his attorney working on this

Nov 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    She could ask for back support from the time of separation in some states, if she had custody of the kids. She can not ask for back support if he had coustody of the kids. That motion most likely will get thrown out by his attorney.

Yes she can sue for custody, and yes she can sue for a change in support.

He just needs to get his attorney working on this
    Okay. I do understand that, however, what about the 2 yrs he had them and she didn't give him a dime? And why should someone that abandon their children and husband be able to just step back into their kids lives and snatch them away from the other parent who was there when mom left and went through the tears with them? This world!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mrs wife being sued for child support by ex-wife of my deceased husband [ 5 Answers ]

Am I legally responsible for my late husbands child support? The ex-wife and custodial parent is now collecting social security for the minor children. There is no estate equity, only personal belongings. There was no life insurance in place, only a retirement policy, which she was awarded half of...

I left my wife for a married woman. [ 6 Answers ]

I left my wife for a married woman. We been together for 1 year now. Her husband knows about me. He came to her car and told me you're the man that has my wife's heart, and you can have her, and told me you have a good woman. We are together ever weekend, and some days in the week. We always...

Wife being sued by landlord after husband moved out [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I went into a contract to Lease to Own a house. During the time we lived there we got behind on the payments for the deposit and he moved out. Now the landlord has taken me to small claims to recover the money and now garnishing my wages. Is there anything I can do to have my ex...

Married an american, left usa before interview, now can't reach my wife [ 5 Answers ]

I am married to an american citizen, I was on tourist visa to usa (2 years multi entry visa) At the airport they gave me 6 months to stay (untill may 18 , 2007) , in my fifth month I married an american girl I met and we were so happy together, I applied for adjustment of status in July 2007 and...

View more questions Search