Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxaraxa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2005, 04:32 PM
    I never opened this account!
    I just received a 3cb report and transunion is showing a collection/charge off on my bureau from Alltell comm. posted 12/04. I never had an Alltell account!
    Here is what I think happened... in 1999 I had spoken with a sales rep from Alltel and asked him to give me a quote for the business I had at the time, and he said he needed to check my personal credit before he could give me a business quote. Never heard from him again and so I went with another company.

1 month later, I started receiving bills from Alltel. I called the local co. where this sales rep was from and spoke with the manager. He told me that the sales rep no longer worked for them since he had falsely set up accounts without the customers signed authorization and that he had done this to other people. The manager told me he would delete the account and not to worry and apologized. I never heard another thing about it either from Alltel or from anyone else. Never received another bill... until the other day when I went to pull my bureau and there it was, five years later!

I called Alltell... the fraud section told me that they show it as PAID and that it was closed and that they couldn't investigate it because it was paid. I asked who paid it and they said it was too old and it wasn't on her screen. I then spoke with Alltel's financial services and was told that it was a collection/charge off and yes it showed paid but that they couldn't tell me who paid it either, it was too old. I was told to contact the collection agency since they were the ones who put it on my c file. I asked "Alltel had nothing to do with putting this on my c file?" answer "No, it was the collection agency".

I then called the collection agency and was told that in 1999 they gave the account back to Alltel because their letters were sent back to them and stamped "undeliverable" at which point I asked which address they were supposedly sent to and the address they stated is my address. I told them that I had never received anything from them and was told that I had to call Alltel since they were the ones who put the charge off on my c file. :mad:

Ok, now I am really getting steamed. I called back to Alltel to explain what the collection agency said and they still stated they had nothing to do with it. I then called Transunion and got them to tell me whether it was Alltel or the collection agency which put the item in my file and was told Alltel.

I called Alltel back and tried AGAIN to explain that I had never signed for an account with them and was told that the fact that I had paid was my authorization to use the account and I said that I have never paid anything to them and I asked them to please tell me who did pay, and also that I wanted to see the contract that was signed... I was told that it was back in 1999 and that they no longer had access to it since it was so old and I said you are putting a collection/chargeoff on my credit file but you can't prove to me that I opened it, can't show me a signed contract and can't even tell me who paid it, their response, you will need to contact the credit bureau to dispute it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR... any advice on what to do about this? It is inconceivable to me that they can do this. I am trying to come out of a BK due to this business going under and this does not help me. My bk accounts still show "open" or they state "sold or transferred" instead of BK.

Please advise,
    Thank you
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2005, 01:38 PM
    Some times all companies need is a verable authorization to open an account. You need to get in contact with trans union and dispute in writing this account.
    monkey11224 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2005, 12:43 AM
    Worry no more
    I know you may not think this is a good thing and it is not right now but It is going to be a great thing. Christy
    monkey11224 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2005, 10:10 AM
    My e-mail address is [email protected] I do not know how to get my messages I only sighned up because I read you message and I don't know how I even go here I was looking up All tell company inf on net. Because of my similar problem. Even if you have already resolved it please contact me because you need to know what I know, and need to know what you know.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

May 18, 2005, 08:18 PM
    Quick fix
    Often when a customer calls in dispute validity of an account, and the employee who committed the fraud has been discharged, most often an in-house person will zero out the account because they are unable to delete it; unfortunately, the safe guard to avoid collections was not done, they individual did not notate the account to explain the activity, thus when such codes are sought, and sent to collections... many of these quick fix accounts get mingled into the pile; however, as previously stated, dispute the account in writing, Alltell will have to prove its validity, the burden will rest upon them; it is also helpful to remember the name of the person who advised you that they would handle this, so that their testimony can be sought on your behalf if it comes to that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Previously opened document Word File Menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a question. Normally when we open a word document and select the File Menu, then we come across all previously opened (about 4) word files. Now I want to remove those existing files which show up when we start a word document. I know how to overwrite it, by opening a few other...

About UGMA account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I set up a UGMA (Uniform Gift Minor act) account for my son (who is 12 now) 5 years ago. I wanted to take some money out from this account for him to use. Is there any rule when to take out money from UGMA account? If my son attended a summer school with $1000 fee last summer, can I...

Account Garnishmnet [ 1 Answers ]

Can a saving account be garnished just like a checking account? Would the garnishee have to know where my account is located?

Hotmail account [ 11 Answers ]

Hello my friends , How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me My email is So...

Windows XP: "Property" cannot be opened [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot open property of HDD from right click or Files on WIN XP. I need the solution to use error check of HDD.

View more questions Search