Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runner56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Monitor won't wake up
    After a bit when not in use my monitor goes to sleep but it won't wake up - I just have a black screen and my computer won't do anything. I have to shut it down at the electric strip. Any suggestions?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 9, 2014, 08:06 PM
    There are usually settings that you can make to stop the monitor from going to sleep at all, but the instructions for doing so are OS dependent. It's usually a set the time kind of thing 30min 1 hour or 2 or never kind of thing. There is also a hibernation setting that could be your issue. Often hibernation issues can be fixed with an update from the manufacturer if there was a specific problem with that build. Try looking in the Control Panel for Power settings.
    donnaknight Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2014, 08:07 PM
    You don't say what Windows version you are running, XP, Windows 7, etc. I have seen this problem with Windows XP. You should make sure you run the latest updates for the version of Windows you are on. If it is an older version of Windows, it is a problem that Microsoft may have already fixed in Windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Is it right to do exeecise when I wake up.. even if I wake up at 12 pm? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it right to do exercise when I wake up.. even if I wake up at 12 pm?

Monitor works with DVI but when change to DFP monitor, it doesn't work! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre that works with a DVI monitor. There is a DFP output but when I try to use that with a regular monitor (I know it is good), I don't get any picture. I am not able to keep the DVI monitor. Any suggestions? Do I change something in bios or just get a cable the is dvi...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

View more questions Search