Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piper142 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
    Granddaughter's hair changed color before death -- why?
    I was reading the article about older gray-haired people with their hair returning to their youthful color in a short period. Last Sat. Nov. 10, 2012, my eight and a half year old granddaughter who was a special needs child suddenly passed away apparently from sudden onset of high carbon dioxide. Her chromosome disorder included low muscle tone and a tendency toward pneumonia. She was very blonde. Monday morning when the funeral director whom I spoke with first saw her, her hair was light brown. I have not yet talked with the person who picked her up from the hospital and did the embalming. I have wondered why her hair got darker in just 2 days. I don't know what meds she was on. She was getting regular breathing treatments with albuterol. In fact she was getting a treatment at the time she suddenly went down and was rushed to a nearby hospital. She was also on an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection. Maybe the hair change was a combination of the chemicals as well as the carbon dioxide. Would appreciate any insight.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 07:17 AM
    The colour change was related to the carbon dioxide. How did she come in contact with 'high carbon dioxide'?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 07:28 AM
    How did she come in contact with 'high carbon dioxide'?
    From my understanding she couldn't blow it off due to her medical condition.

Low levels of oxygen and high levels of CO2.
    Piper142 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 09:41 AM
    She was born with a chromosome disorder that had with it low muscle tone. This affected her lungs and made her susceptible to pneumonia. She did not have pneumonia at the time however. As you know, you inhale oxygen and exhale CO2. Her lungs were not exhaling all the CO2 and caused her death. We just didn't know why her hair darkened in such a short time after she died.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will color zap work on Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent blue hair color? [ 1 Answers ]

Will color zap work on Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent Aqua hair color?

Why does the hair color change when someone in there older years nears death [ 17 Answers ]

My mother has developed a lung condition which the doctor has just performed a biopsy to determine if it is cancer or another condition( keeping my fingers crossed) Her hair was all white (grey) and over the last week or so has been returning to it's natural color of black. There has been no change...

Changed Hair Color [ 1 Answers ]

This is the color of my hair now that I tryed to go blonde. I am just wondering if you are talking about 30 volume peroxide and ammonia you get at any store to take out the red?:confused: I have done all kinds of home remedies that i'm ashaimed to admit, Please help, I don't have the money for a...

Hair color has been changed 3 times in under two weeks. [ 3 Answers ]

I went to my stylist, asked for highlights. In short - I ended up with highlights that were a hue of red. I did not like this at all so I went back and had them 'tone it down". I then had a dark brown put over my hair, it turned my hair a harsh dark "almost black" color. I hated this so... ...

View more questions Search