Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snoo46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 12:37 AM
    Smoke alarm chirping
    Hi my smoke alarm had started to chirp at 4 in the morning. The thing is I've taking the battery out plus I've taking the fuse out I've disconnected the alarm from the roof but it's still chirping at the roof were the wires are please help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
    You haven't found the correct detector yet. They can still chirp with no power and battery removed until the capacitor discharges.
    With power disconnected, did you leave the detector at the ceiling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My smoke alarm is chirping after I changed the battery, it won't stop. [ 2 Answers ]

I have three smoke detectors plus another connected to ADT. I changed the batteries in all three, however one will not stop chirping. I tried to just undo the wires but that just set off the ADT smoke dectector. How can I make the chirping stop?

My bldg. Fire alarm smoke detector zone keeps giving an alarm even when board is rese [ 1 Answers ]

Want to troubleshoot my fire alarm system having trouble with my 5th floor smokes they keep giving an alarm when there is'nt one could it be my end of line resistor? What could it be? Need a starting point.

A weird Wired Smoke Alarm chirping issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. My wife and I have been having an ongoing issue with the wired smoke alarm system that is installed in the condo that we live in (the condo was built 3 years ago). Basically, no matter how often we've tried to replace the backup batteries with brand new ones (9V Energizer Alkalines) in...

Alarm goes off but not because of smoke [ 6 Answers ]

the smoke detector alarm goes off but its not because of smoke. What could be the other probable reasons? Is condensation a probability? Is getting a central humidifier going to solve the problem? What would be a good route to take?

Smoke alarm [ 3 Answers ]

How come my hardwired smoke alarms are chirping?

View more questions Search