Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrinaj33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Troubleshooting Gas Furnace Burners Pilot Light Lit, but Burner Won\
    Have an old furnace, at least 18 years old, pilot light is lit and stays on, but the burners do not light, installed new thermostat the other day and it fired up right away, but when I turned the heat off two days later that is when this problem happened, what can be the reason?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 07:54 PM
    If it's a standing pilot furnace you may have a gas valve sticking and not letting gas through to the main burners. Its hard to say with out knowing the make and model of the system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older gas furnace with standing pilot light, new thermocouple Burners will NOT light [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am at the end of my rope. I have an older Armstrong Air (Honeywell) standing pilot furnace. The pilot light is a strong blue flame. The thermocouple is about 20 min old. (I just replaced it thinking that was the problem). The thermostat seems to be working properly. When I set it to...

Furnace fan turns on but burners don't light - electronic pilot [ 1 Answers ]

Night and Day model 80U-19A Electronic burner lighter does not function

Goodman pilot light on but furnace burners will not come on? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Goodman furance that will not produce heat. The pilot light is on, the gas is released, but the burners will not kick in. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem.:confused: Scott's Chicago

Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I...

Furnace trouble. Pilot lights. Burners light but then go out. Evetually stay on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I searched through this site a bit and found some helpful topics, tried a few things and I'm still have the same trouble. I have a Bryant furnace that uses a Johnson Controls G779LHA-1C Ignition Control. The ignition control is new, I just replaced it a week ago. It's hooked up so...

View more questions Search