Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Rice cereal for 2month old?
    My step mom recently suggested I give my son a bit of rice cereal at night before I put him down. My son is just a little over 2 months old, I've got him on a schedule now, and exclusively BF him. However, after I put him down around 930 and he wakes up around 1ish, he wakes roughly every hour there after to eat. I don't produce enough milk in that time frame for him to ever be full, he doesn't seem satisfied, and as a result he's fussy and I get practically no sleep at night. Ive yet to talk to his pediatrician about the matter, but I'm wondering how many parents have similar issues? He was born a bit premature, developing fine, but doesn't seem to take much interest in real food just yet.
    Cyanara Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 05:45 AM
    If he was premature you can start them earlier on solids but not ususlly till they are 4 months old. I had to do this with my premature twins. However try to get your milk flow up first. Have you tried to express with a pump between regilar feeds and at the end of a feed. It's a bit uncomfortable first but makes a huge diffrence. Not to mention that you can freeze it and use it in baby rice/porridge later on. That helped increase my milk flow. Also you can get a herbal tea for nursing that makes a difference I found in increasing your milk flow. It helped me feed till they were 14 months old and allowed me to delay solids till they were 4 months old.

It is always best to speak to your health visitor or paediatrician before changing the routine.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does White Rice Cost Less than Brown Rice? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, I have been consuming brown rice for years, but today, while discussing the differences between brown rice and white rice with my girlfriend, she asked me why white rice would cost less if it requires so much more energy to process it (by process, I mean milling it, polishing it,...

What is the difference between brown rice and Sella Rice [ 2 Answers ]

I want to understand the diffrence between the brown rice and Sella Rice, if there is any. The question pertains to the nutrition perspective of both type of Rice. Since both type of rice are usually brown, I am not sure if these are both the same or have any difference in them.

Cereal commercial [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a cereal commercial that I liked. I was in elementary school when it was on so it must have been late 90s or early 2000s. I can't remember what kind of cereal it was though. All I know is a boy says that he loves that cereal and sister says "if you love it so much why dont you...

View more questions Search