Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javier7197 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Gas Furnace Blower is malfunctioning.
    I have a High efficiency Furnace 5000. The pilot turns on, the burners turn on, but the blower motor doesn't. After a few minutes, the burners turn off and the blower turns on. How can I correct this?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
    The control board has a time delay on and off for the blower in heat mode. Your board has gone bad and will need to be replaced. You can turn your fan switch to ON at the thermostat and set your thermostat to heat and desired temperature and it should get you by until you replace the control board. The blower will run all the time but you will have heat. My blower has not been shut of for years it runs 24/7.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Limit Switch Malfunctioning [ 1 Answers ]

The Limit Switch on my Frigidaire 90 upflow furnace is malfunctioning. As a result, I am getting no ignition--no flame. I replaced the igniter, and no difference. The blower and all else seems to be functioning properly. Any suggestions?

Bryant furnace showing code 12-blower on after power up. Furnace won't start. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

Blower motor on all the time. No heat from furnace. Why?

I have a trane eletric ignition heater and blower furnace is heating up but no blower [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat is a white /rodgers module this clicks to start but no air blowing from the furnace in the attic which is a trane model and the same with cold air the thermostat clicks the ducane model outside whirs but no cols air.

Furnace Blower malfunctioning [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace - I would say about 25-30 years old. The blower was broken - we had that fixed. We suspected the thermocoupler was bad - we had that fixed. Now when we turn it on all work except the blower runs for a couple of seconds and goes off. Could the problem be the limit switch,...

T-start fan on/furnace blower on, AC w/fan on/auto, blower off [ 8 Answers ]

If no cool or heat, just fan on, there has blower start in furnace; While in air conditioner, regardless fan on or auto, there will be no indoor blower on at all; While outside condenser and its fan seems fine. I lready jump wires G, RC and Y in T-start, won't see any difference. By the...

View more questions Search