Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliancarlson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
    Carrier furnace model 58gsc045-cb fan won't shut off
    I have a Carrier furnace model# 58GSC045-CB and the fan won't shut off, it runs continuously. This just happen when my wife turned the system on at our condo.
    Any idea?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Will the heat work? If the heat is working check to see if the fan switch at the thermostat is in the ON or AUTO position. With this late 80s model furnace it will have a time delay circuit for the blower and the blower will get stuck in the on position and let the heat still work with the blower running all the time.

Nov 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
    After I posted this I went and checked out to see if the heater was working and it's not. The system is set to "cool" as we're running the air conditioner but when I set it to heat the burners will not fire.
    So to summarize:
    - Fan runs continuously
    - No heat.

Any ideas?

Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    Will the heat work? If the heat is working check to see if the fan switch at the thermostat is in the ON or AUTO position. With this late 80s model furnace it will have a time delay circuit for the blower and the blower will get stuck in the on position and let the heat still work with the blower running all the time.
    After I posted this I went and checked out to see if the heater was working and it's not. The system is set to "cool" as we're running the air conditioner but when I set it to heat the burners will not fire.
    So to summarize:
    - Fan runs continuously
    - No heat.

Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 7900 series gas furnace won't shut off but it works fine for the a/c why [ 0 Answers ]

My coleman 7900b series gas furnace won't shutoff burner stays on and blows out heat till I turn it off but it works fine with my a/c unit anyone know what it could be.

Blower fan on carrier model 50 ez won't shut off when desired temp. Is reached [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have installed a carrier model 50 ez package unit. My fan blower motor will not shut off when the desired temp. is met. I can bump it up 3 degrees and it will shut off. The problem I have is whenever I set the temp. lower and it gets to that temp. everything turns off but my fan blower motor...

Carrier furnace blower will not shut off [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 13 yr old Carrier Weather Maker 8000 gas furnace. It heats fine. However, earlier this week, after reaching the set temperature, rather than shutting off the blower kept running, eventually blowing cool air. What's crazier, even after switching the thermostat (a programmable type) to Off...

Carrier gas furnace fan won't shut off [ 23 Answers ]

We have a 21 yr. old Carrier gas furnace and I just changed the air filters. When I put the cover back on, even though the thermostat was turned to off, the fan started. I even disconnected the thermostat, but the fan kept going. It runs 24/7. When I finally turned the thermostat to "auto",...

Carrier furnace blower no shut off except power [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier furnace. The blower is not shutting off, even when the thermostat is set to off. Could it be the thermostat unit? The relay? The circuit board on the carrier? A fan switch somewhere? Where is the best place to start diagnosing this problem? And in what order should it be done? ...

View more questions Search