Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 13, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Moen Cartridge Problem
    Tvdave
    New Member Join Date: Mar 2007

Moen shower cartridge

I've read your responses to several folks concerning the Moen single handle shower cartridge and appreciate all the good information. I take it that since I am getting hot water to my sink and no hot water coming out of the shower head that there is something impeding the flow in the cartridge. Is that a fair assumption? How much do new cartridges cost or do you think I could clean out whatever is impeding the flow?

I tried getting the cartridge out but it is stuck. I pulled out the brass clamp holding it in but it won't budge. I guess I need to get the tool you mentioned from the plumbing supply place. Would Home Depot carry that tool?

Sorry about all the questions. I would call a plumber, but I'm on a roll for fixing things in my house and would prefer to do it myself for obvious financial reasons. Thanks in advance for all your help.

David
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 13, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Hi David,

Purchase the Moen Cartridge puller,( if Home Depot doiesn't have it try a plumbing supply house) remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. Before you button up turn the water back on for a minute to flush out any crud that may be left in the supplies. Good luck, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 09:42 PM
    Before you pull that cartridge, check for a handle limit apparatus under the handle that limits the ability to turn all the way to hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ink jet cartridge prices [ 3 Answers ]

So I just went around town to see prices for ink for my Pixma ip4200. Printer cost me $99, ink refill will cost ~$120. I knows I'm not the first to be pissed off at this gauging, I just couldn't but the cartridges, I'd feel so ripped off for some reason. My question is: are there any other option?...

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

What/where is 'the cartridge' and 'aeroator' on a kitchen sink? [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to see if I have a blockage in my kitchen sink (no hot water). I've read several responses about flushing my water heater and seeing a lot of talk of cartridges and aerators... and checking those as well. Is the aerator the meshy part of the faucet, where the water comes out? Kind of like...

Drainage from cartridge stem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had the cartridge replaced in my shower to fix a leak. The leak is gone, but after taking a shower, water drains out of the tip of the cartridge stem. I verified this by temporarily sealing the shower head. When covered, water stops draining from the cartidge stem and continues when...

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

View more questions Search