Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 04:56 AM
    General apology
    I guess we all change as life goes by. And I think in some ways, my answers on gay and lesbian has been if not accepting they have been normally politically correct, except when referenced to Religious issues.

As many know my best friend in American is gay and even though I have always had my religious stand on the issue, we remained best friends for many years.

Well it is easy to judge someone's else's "pot" as we say in Georgia. We can sit behind our desk and computer and judge others lives. I have found it harder when the judgement has to be done to or with a close family member.

Again, I am too well know to be too public with this, but a close family member is wanting to explore feelings and issues they have had over some years. And my advice to them was to explore.

There is a old saying, to yourself be true. Perhaps it is the moral society of China and Hong Kong where almost anything goes ( is not talked about in China but goes) and in Hong Kong where nothing is illegal that I know of sexually anyway.

So if one see's my answers take a major shift, no, someone has not hacked my system, To those who are gay and lesbian on the board, if I was preachy with you, ( most likely you deserved it LOL) but I am sorry.

I am discovering, that society and situations often can make up our own value systems. Also if we are not open to change, we often can miss perhaps some truths.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2012, 05:35 AM
    Where's the Like button? :)
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 05:57 AM
    How about the big group hug button.

Live and learn, this last few months has pushed some very large buttons for how much change can one person do.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
    That's a nice post. You are a good man.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Live and learn, this last few months has pushed some very large buttons for how much change can one person do.
    When I was 24 I was lucky to save enough bucks from summer jobs to be able to afford a working/backpacking tour of Europe. That played a large part in developing who I am today. Now with kids I'm still learning about myself.
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 06:10 AM
    I have held a strong and perhaps slightly weaker line the last couple years. But when it really hits home and some tough choices have to be made, it is not as easy as sitting here typing. On many things, I am a person of the late 60's and 70s, so many things sexual and fun of those years I was there. But I have always had a few friends who were gay but when it is very close to home, one has to look closely at the values that are most important.

And to be honest, being yourself and being happy can't make you a bad person.

And honestly, China where we are, is so much like the early 70's in the moral and culture. Plus add to that a very open nature on sexuality, and not making the human body something evil. I do believe the short time here has also helped to remind me of some of the things from my youth.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Chuck, you are a very good man.

*big group hug*
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Fr_Chuck,

I appreciate what you wrote.

My Grandfather was a Christian minister and I was always brought up to be a Christian. I was married for many years and raised two incredible boys.

But I am gay. My now ex-wife knows this and she accepts it. We are good friends to this day. I am not out but to a select few and it is mostly to the guys I date.

I have struggled with this issue for a very long time. It is difficult for heterosexuals to accept this, but we didn't wake up one day and decide "I feel like being gay now." It is not something that we can turn on or off, although many have tried. I don't believe for one second that God loves me any less because I am gay. I do wish we knew all there was to know about these topics and many more.
    greentree30 Posts: 143, Reputation: 28

Nov 16, 2012, 12:11 AM
    And to be honest, being yourself and being happy can't make you a bad person.
    Very true!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 16, 2012, 01:04 AM
    Chuck, I always knew you were a good man, but after reading this I now know that you're an even better man than I always knew you were. That post made sense in my head! ;)

In other words, I'm proud to call you a friend, and I always knew you'd come around.

Big group hug. I want to be in the middle! :)
    Expert

Nov 16, 2012, 02:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I always knew you'd come around.

Big group hug. I want to be in the middle! :)

See that slippery slope, soon as I accept gay and lesbian life style, they want to start throwing in the groups now. ( LOL)

Big hug back
    Pets Expert

Nov 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    See that slippery slope, soon as I accept gay and lesbian life style, they want to start throwing in the groups now. ( LOL)

Big hug back
    LOL! Well, you're pretty safe with me. But you may have to go to confession again if I'm in the middle of the group hug. ;)
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:57 AM
    I am not sure, last confession, the priest wanted to have a cigarette afterwards
    Pets Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I am not sure, last confession, the priest wanted to have a cigarette afterwards
    That good huh? ;)
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Yes, that new youthful me and adjusting to the normal life style and culture here, Things are very different than they were in the US>
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 06:55 AM
    Next thing we know you'll be eating goji berries from Tibet and will outlive us all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

Adjusting for general general, does retained earnings go in there [ 3 Answers ]

I have just completed an adjusted entry and would like to see if it is correct, it is my first try: The problem is:1. insurance expires at the rate of 400. A month 2. a count 08/31 shows 600. Supplies on hand 3. annual depreciation is 6000. On cottages and 24000. On furniture. 4. unearned rent...

The reversing entry in the general journal and posting it to the general ledger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need to know How I can post reversing etry in to the general ledger ? For example if I have The business last paid a water bill in May, which was for 3 months of water expense up to the end of April. The additional accrual entry for water expense for the last two months is $2,290. And I...

General Ledger versus General Journal [ 1 Answers ]

Does the number of entries in the general journal equal the number of entries in the general ledger. Why?

View more questions Search