Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zackotacks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2012, 01:52 AM
    Old Educational Video
    To start, please tell me I am not the only one who remembers this.

I have been searching all over the web with multiple keywords and my search has yielded nothing - not even anything similar. I'm searching for an old educational tape.

The description of the tape (in simple forms of what I remember):

- It had a sing-a-long break at the halfway point. I believe it was something along the lines of "sing along with Sophie"... or, it may have been "sing along with Suzy". However, Sophie stands out a lot more in my mind.

- The "Sophie" (or Suzy) character appeared as a monster type puppet (it was probably a costume, come to think of it). It was very, very fuzzy... It actually resembled Cousin It from the Addam's Family. I believe the fur colors were a neon green and blue (it's a little fuzzy in my mind). This character was very shy, and I remember her giving (or receiving) a present in a little basket.

- The main point of the video was to teach children how to write the alphabet. It was a (possibly middle-aged) woman using a marker on a dry erase board. Sometimes the marker would squeak and she would make note of it. I also remember her saying something along the lines of the letter 'J' having a hat. Something like, "Now, you can draw a 'J' without his hat, but I think he looks better with it".

- The last thing I remember is that this came in an educational brochure when I was a little kid. For the longest time, I could have swore it was some part of Hooked on Phonics, but now I'm not so sure. However, I know it came from an educational brochure and that it was delivered in the mail.

Well, that's all I know. I would really love to see this video again, but I just can't find any traces of it anywhere... I really hope I'm not going crazy. Do any of you remember this video?

Oh, I also think it was from the late 80's or possibly the early 90's.. the film quality seemed to be from around that time. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's educational video from early 90s [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out for so long the name of this movie I was in love with as a kid. I believe it came out in the early 90s and was targeted for 5 year olds. It's about a lady who has lots of stripes with colors. And she goes around this place meeting all diff families with only one...

80's, maybe 90's educational video about bullying or hate [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have been thinking about this for years and I still can only remember the ending of the film. I don't recall if it was regarding bullying or just hate in general. The ending of the film had a bunch of students who clearly disliked each other waiting around staring at the clock for the...

90's educational video by description [ 0 Answers ]

I was watching some old educational videos the other day that I used to watch when I was a kid and can't seem to figure out this particular one I am missing. If anyone can help, that would be nice. All I really remember is that it was in a small classroom and the teacher was female. She taught...

Old educational video from the 80's. PLEASE HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! I am trying to figure out what the name of an old children's educational video I used to have. All I can remember is that it was puppets and about letters and numbers. I remember very vague things like a guy getting angry, or upset all the time. A guy driving a delivery truck, sheep counting,...

Name of a Children's Educational Video from the 80's. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so when I was first learning my ABC's I had a video that I watched all the time so it would have been in the mid to late 80's possibly early 90's... Anyways the video had a little man that went to space and he would do his abc's and you'd have to trace the letters in the air with him and it was...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.