Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatgirl92 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2012, 01:27 AM
    People always rub their nose around me and i can't figure out why!
    For the last 3 and a half months people have treated me differently, like I have something on my nose. They itch their nose, play with their nose and look at me weird. Ill walk by someone and they will look at me like I have a deformity or something and itch their nose. I have tried everything from hair removal to make up to cover up what it could be to make this issue go away but people still are weird with me. I look in the mirror and don't see anything on my face! I've looked at old pictures but my face, from what I can see, hasn't changed. Its even people I have known for years! Everyone is treating me differently. I catch random strangers making fun and laughing at me! It kills myself esteem. I have asked my boyfriend what it is and he supposedly doesn't see anything or understand what I'm talking about and I've talked to my mom about it and she doesn't see anything either but they both see people treating me differently. I consider myself an attractive person, I usually get hit on but since this issue I have not been approached by anyone. I'm a pretty friendly, social person but since this has become an issue I don't even want to leave my house even to go to the grocery store. I don't know what else to do, I'm going crazy and no one will tell me! HELP
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 01:29 AM
    How often do you shower? Do you use deodorant?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
    How about tooth decay or other mouth odor?
    I have known very nice and very attractive people who I had to back away from a bit when they were talking.
    OR
    You are so attractive and sexy that people are uncomfortable. Sometimes that means sort of looking down or sideways and putting a hand up to their face. The whole thing with the nose might be just a typical reaction, like when a man adjusts his tie. (Scientists claim this is actually a protection of the throat when adrenaline surges through our bodies.)
    If you have a large bust, for instance, and show a lot of cleavage or wear bras with a lot of bulge over the top, that can cause discomfort, and hence a hand toward the face.

Nov 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How often do you shower? Do you use deodorant?
    Daily, I'm a clean person.. I know it has nothing to do with smell because people are still weird from a pretty far distance, like 30-35 feet

Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    How about tooth decay or other mouth odor?
    I have known very nice and very attractive people who I had to back away from a bit when they were talking.
    OR
    You are so attractive and sexy that people are uncomfortable. Sometimes that means sort of looking down or sideways and putting a hand up to their face. The whole thing with the nose might be just a typical reaction, like when a man adjusts his tie. (Scientists claim this is actually a protection of the throat when adrenaline surges through our bodies.)
    If you have a large bust, for instance, and show a lot of cleavage or wear bras with a lot of bulge over the top, that can cause discomfort, and hence a hand toward the face.

No, its not odor or anything.. I'm a pretty big girly girl.. its not even when I'm talking. Just walking by or being near them at all, like I have a growth of my face or something that everyone else can see but me. I can tell it makes people uncomfortable. No, I don't think I'm THAT attractive.. since this started I haven't felt very attractive at all, no matter how dressy I am. Just because of how people react to my face. I get double, tripple takes. And not in a good way.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Are you sure you're not being just a bit paranoid? Especially if no one you know can identify whatever this is?

How old are you?

Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Are you sure you're not being just a bit paranoid? especially if no one you know can identify whatever this is?

How old are you?
    Yeah I think its become a bit excessive just because its been going on for so long. I'm 20, but I know I'm not crazy. There seriously IS something going on
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl92 View Post
    yeah i think its become a bit excessive just because its been going on for so long. im 20, but i know im not crazy. there seriously IS something going on
    I'd say just carry on with your life and ignore weird and suspicious motions done by others, especially since you have done good investigative work on this and have found no reason for them. Or, ask one of those people why the gestures.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
    I keep re-reading your sentence about your boyfriend and mother. At first you say they see nothing different, but then you say they both notice it in other people. Do you mean they see nothing unusual in your looks, but notice that other people are acting strange?
    If so then you aren't getting paranoia or schizophrenia. Unless they are just trying to be agreeable, and you really are imagining things, and getting some mental illness. Or, if all these people are people you know, maybe some rumor spread around town about you.
    In other words, I think we have exhausted all the possibilities, and you really are going to start having to ask people as they walk by.
    Black_Light Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 11:17 PM
    You need to consult a friend or a family member who will give you a brutal and honest feedback. If they say it's nothing, just ignore those who touch their nose.

Normally, when people see the world and they touch their nose or any other body parts means that they are uncomfortable or have some jealousy of some sorts. It may very well be a habit. A bad habit imo. Seeing that a lot of people do that to you just means that you have more than you know.

Just be yourself and go by your mom's and bf's words.

Don't worry about people who touch their nose upon seeing you. They're weak not to be comfortable with themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blister on nose,size of silver dollar, nose res,hot swollen [ 5 Answers ]

Please help us. My husband 53 yrs old. Woke up 3 days ago with a Dark red, very hot to touch, swollen nose with a blister, the size of a silver dollar. It still hasn't broken and also the first day his cheeks were red and hot to touch. We have no insurance and he won't go out of the house. I have...

Why do older people's nose run when eating? [ 2 Answers ]

Why do older people's nose run when eating?

People rub their nose around me? HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... Ive been addicted to weed for about a couple of months. I used to smoke everyday throughout my whole junior year of high school. I quit smoking on July 16th 2010. And ever since then I've noticed something weird. Every time I breathe people rub their nose. Like I could be 20 feet away and...

I usually speak through nose, people can't able to get what I say. [ 3 Answers ]

If any wan't to suggest me to my problem, *** personal email deleted as it is against site policy for off board contact

Leaky nose in elderly people [ 2 Answers ]

Does fixodent denture adhesive contain zinc

View more questions Search