Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Gardening in the PNW!
    What is a good website to learn what plants I can plant in my yard, how to care for them, what time of year to plant? I live in the Pacific Northwest so a site that is specific to my area and easy to understand would be great. Thanks.
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 AM
    Sunset climate zones: Western Washington state - Sunset.com
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Hi ChihuahuaMomma! I live in Port Angeles,(a bit north of you! Looking at the information gnahcd posted, that puts me in 'zone 4' - couldn't see Vancouver on that map, if you are in zone 4 too, my info may be helpful... ) I've always had success with:
    Peonies
    Lupine
    Hostas
    Rhodies
    Daffodils
    Tulips
    Crocus
    Dahlias
    Iris
    Lilac
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
    I don't live I'm Vancouver anymore. I'm in the Portland area. I don't need to know WHAT to grow. I need to know HOW to grow it. I can't keep anything alive...
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Oh - my mistake, thought you had mentioned you wanted to know what might work in your yard... maybe this link will help:
    Metro: Natural gardening videos and how-to resources

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organic Gardening [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to start an organic garden... but need some direction. Since we are beginners, would anyone recommend a book that is highly useful for this great hobby? Now we aren't trying to grow a farm... just something to feed the family. Thanks... ;)

New To Gardening, Plants Dying [ 11 Answers ]

I planted my very first garden last Saturday, some plants some seeds and have been watering it in the am and pm as I was told to do but it seems that all the plants are dying. They are all somewhat limp with yellowing leaves and I don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong. Can someone please...

How much to charge for gardening? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to ask this for my younger sister who does excellent gardening and now has a few clients.. she says it is hard work and I must agree.. how much an hour should she charge for planting shrubs/flowers/and basic gardening? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search